Do the UConn men have a basketball rivalry with St. John's? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Do the UConn men have a basketball rivalry with St. John's?

Reaction Score
They don't have the Carrier Dome any more. :)

Live from the JMA Wireless Dome your 13-12 Orange take on the 8-14 Boston College University Troy Murphy's!

Reaction Score
This will turn into a rivalry as long as Pitino and Hurley are here, and will be the most fun matchup in the BE. They don’t like each other and it’s no secret. Both teams are fighting to claim MSG as their own. The BET game against them was WILD

Pitino is still rebuilding the team so it might be a couple of years before they’re consistently good enough to make noise around the top of the conference. But if it isn’t a rivalry now, it’s going to be soon

Reaction Score
This will turn into a rivalry as long as Pitino and Hurley are here, and will be the most fun matchup in the BE. They don’t like each other and it’s no secret. Both teams are fighting to claim MSG as their own. The BET game against them was WILD

Pitino is still rebuilding the team so it might be a couple of years before they’re consistently good enough to make noise around the top of the conference. But if it isn’t a rivalry now, it’s going to be soon
Oh just stop. It’s St Johns for heaven’s sake. Their last Sweet 16 was a quarter century ago. They have 2 Final Fours, 1952 and 1985. Nobody cares about them. New York doesn’t care about them any more. They care about celebrities so they will be A thing as long as Pitino is there. When he goes they will be the Brooklyn Cyclones.

Reaction Score
Will St. John’s contend for the BE top this season? Pitino has added quality players, right?
Even last year they played us close and they are better this year supposedly? I dislike them, Pitino and their fans.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I’ll say yes to the extent that we don’t really have any rivalries anymore so the Johnnie’s are the closest thing to one.

I mean I don’t even know what state Creighton and Marquette are in. At least I know the Johnnie’s are in New Jersey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom