Djery Baptiste to Vanderbilt | The Boneyard

Djery Baptiste to Vanderbilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do wish he would have held off and visited here. He is a 4 star and getting Stone out of badger land will be hard. Not saying we won't but not as confident as earlier this summer. What is it that we can not get that big recruit for the middle. Love Amida and we lucked out with him but would like to see a highly ranked big want to come here.

Reaction Score
Do wish he would have held off and visited here. He is a 4 star and getting Stone out of badger land will be hard. Not saying we won't but not as confident as earlier this summer. What is it that we can not get that big recruit for the middle. Love Amida and we lucked out with him but would like to see a highly ranked big want to come here.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
sigh, I really wanted him. He has crazy upside. oh well..

Reaction Score
I knew he was a heavy lean to Vanderbilt but am surprised when we lose a recruit to a school who is happy just to make the dance every year. Playing time must have been a factor one would think. Regardless kid is gonna get a good education and to each his own.

On to the next fish

Reaction Score
I knew he was a heavy lean to Vanderbilt but am surprised when we lose a recruit to a school who is happy just to make the dance every year. Playing time must have been a factor one would think. Regardless kid is gonna get a good education and to each his own.

On to the next fish
great school, hot chicks........................the nba isn't in everyone's future. good luck to him!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Kid looked built like a tank. Time to zero in on our class. Can't have everyone we want waiting til Spring. Grab 2, wait on Stone Nov/Dec

Reaction Score
Im not one to start a panic here but I am starting to get nervous about this.
If the Stone to Wisco rumors are true, Comanche is a heavy Zona lean, Sharma I havent heard anything about for a few months?
Who are we going to land as a big? Enoch is a 4, not a 5.
It does seem like its been ages since we landed a top big.

Reaction Score
The staff was in a predicament. Could they even take a commitment from Baptiste or were they trying to to have him delay his decision? Being in very good with Stone is a great problem to have but it probably made things difficult with Baptiste/Koumadje.

pj

Reaction Score
If the Stone to Wisco rumors are true, Comanche is a heavy Zona lean, Sharma I havent heard anything about for a few months?

Enoch is a 4 but being strong at the 4 makes it easier to do workarounds at the 5. It's worth it to go all in for Stone when you have a 50% chance at an elite talent. If we miss on him, Brimah may stay for his senior year or guys like Rakim Lubin can fill in there. Even if we miss on Stone, it gives us chances to pick up two of Jones/Newman/Briscoe/Clarke which is a good thing. We just have a small team, but an elite team.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
if stone goes to wisco I like our chances with Sharma

Reaction Score

If they get Enoch why is another C really a pressing need? Its been reported the staff wants two bigs, but its not like their backs will be against a wall in the 2015-2016 season assuming Brimah is still here. Junior year Brimah, Senior year Nolan, then Facey, Lubin, and Enoch, that's plenty of bigs to rotate, just gotta make sure the guards and wings are still strong. That being said, hopefully they land Stone.

Reaction Score
We had DD and Neils play the 5 at times this year. Enoch could handle some time there.

Also for that last bit: *coughANDREDRUMNOND*

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Take your fingers off the panic button .... We get Enoch and either Jones or Clarke, there is always next year for a 5. We will have enough other bigs to carry us through until 2016 (Brimah, Nolan, Facey, Rock). Look at our last 2 years and 2011 - we were not brimming with elite bigs, but have 2 NCs to show for it. The last time we were loaded with elite bigs was 2012. Iowa St. First round exit - nuff said.

Reaction Score
We all know Baptiste looks like a beast physically, but to say he's raw offensively is an understatement. I read somewhere he averaged 2.8 points on his summer league team. A lot on here don't like Commanche, but I'd love a skilled center like him that can get baskets.

Reaction Score
We all know Baptiste looks like a beast physically, but to say he's raw offensively is an understatement. I read somewhere he averaged 2.8 points on his summer league team. A lot on here don't like Commanche, but I'd love a skilled center like him that can get baskets.

Who doesn't like Comanche? As far as I can tell, the only thing people don't like about him is his heavy 'Zona lean.

Reaction Score
We had DD and Neils play the 5 at times this year. Enoch could handle some time there.

Also for that last bit: *coughANDREDRUMNOND*[/QUOTE
Not to take anything away from the Drummond commitment, but he was a CT guy and basically would have gone straight to the NBA had he not chosen last minute to come to UConn in August. The extra Prep Year would have made him Draft Eligible and he would have been a Top 5 Pick. I also never expected him to go anywhrre else, a similair feeling that we have for Enoch.

Reaction Score
The Brimah/Nolan platoon should be in place at center for the next 2 years. Of the 2015 centers we're recruiting, Stone seems like the only guy who would immediately make us better at that position. So I don't think it's that big of a deal if we don't get a 2015 center.....it would just put a lot of importance on getting one in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom