DJ Harvey | The Boneyard

DJ Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

6'6" 185 lbs SG from Maryland. Plays for the Team Takeover AAU team. Ranked in the top 10 in every 2017 prospect ranking. Being recruited by the who's who of college basketball programs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love a guy with a turnaround already good to go. Judging by the mixtape I'd really like to see him in Husky blue

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
If DJ Harvey comes to UConn I will literally eat my hat. There is next to no chance he's going to pick UConn.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
If those are his favorites... we should have him locked up.
They aren't his favorites. Those are the schools he hasn't visited yet that he wants to visit. Most places have him leaning heavily towards Arizona.

Reaction Score
He's on Team Takeover in the EYBL. So, he's Nike. VJ King was on Takeover/Nike and went to Louisville/Adidas. Way too much is made of sneaker affiliations.

One kid makes your point. What about d. Stone. You sneaker point is foolish

Reaction Score

We are obviously a Nike school. And:
Zach Brown - Nike
Vance Jackson - Adidas
Mamadou Diarra - Under Armour
Jalen Adams - Adidas
Alterique - Nike
Juwan Durham - Under Armour
Daniel Hamilton - Adidas

Obviously, it matters for some kids but not for all. Who knows. Food for thought.

Reaction Score
Is it a factor. Yes. Do top kids (Andrew Wiggins/Cliff Alexander) who play in the EYBL go to Adidas schools? Do top kids who play in the UA Associationgo go to Nike Schools? Do top kids (Bam Adebayo) who play in the Adidas Gauntlet go to Nike Schools? ALL THE TIME.

Reaction Score
Is it a factor. Yes. Do top kids (Andrew Wiggins/Cliff Alexander) who play in the EYBL go to Adidas schools? Do top kids who play in the UA Associationgo go to Nike Schools? Do top kids (Bam Adebayo) who play in the Adidas Gauntlet go to Nike Schools? ALL THE TIME.

You implied it was a limited factor. I thought that was foolishness. You also made your original point with a single example.

Reaction Score
You implied it was a limited factor. I thought that was foolishness. You also made your original point with a single example.
Can you give me examples, besides Stone, that prove it's more prevalent? Don't give me Pitino crying about losing Blakeney either.

Andrew Wiggins was the concensus #1 high school player in the world. Nike flew him all over the world to play basketball. Nike showered him with merch his whole high school career and he went to Kansas. With every example you give there are 5 other players that buck that trend.

If Maryland gets Josh Jackson, UAA's top player, there is much more validity to your point.

Reaction Score
Can you give me examples, besides Stone, that prove it's more prevalent? Don't give me Pitino crying about losing Blakeney either.

Andrew Wiggins was the concensus #1 high school player in the world. Nike flew him all over the world to play basketball. Nike showered him with merch his whole high school career and he went to Kansas. With every example you give there are 5 other players that buck that trend.

If Maryland gets Josh Jackson, UAA's top player, there is much more validity to your point.

I think its more program specific than company specific. For instance, Blakeney's program, E1T1 had 6 top 100 kids (plus another high major) and they all went to Nike. But at the same time, tons of top 10 kids go to schools outside of their program's affiliation.

Maybe UA programs sends more kids to UA schools since they are trying to get on the map.

Reaction Score
I think its more program specific than company specific. For instance, Blakeney's program, E1T1 had 6 top 100 kids (plus another high major) and they all went to Nike. But at the same time, tons of top 10 kids go to schools outside of their program's affiliation.

Maybe UA programs sends more kids to UA schools since they are trying to get on the map.
The vast majority of kids who play in the EYBL go play at a Nike college. Also, the vast majority of college's are sponsored by Nike.

All UA really has for basketball is Maryland and Notre Dame. Sterling bro is Notre Dame's top commit. He played for NJ Playaz in the EYBL.

After a quick look at Maryland's roster, besides Melo (who's from the area) & Stone, the top guys were Nike AAU.
The more I look, they do have lot's of UAA guys.

Reaction Score
Harvey was great at the Hoophall Classic. Probably the second best underclassman I saw, behind Brian Bowen from Indiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom