DJ, Bryson and the rest... | The Boneyard

DJ, Bryson and the rest...

Reaction Score
These guys won't stop whining, I've never seen bigger babies than these filthy rich golfers. They chose to leave, they chose the money. Now they're all throwing hissy fits that every possible thing isn't catered to them and all the rules aren't changed for them.

They need to realize the PGA moved on without them, none of them are that important.

Reaction Score
I think most of this stuff is scripted for them for their very subpar media strategy and attempt to drum up ammo for their lawsuits. Norman sold a bill of goods that he was never going to be able to deliver on (how he ever thought they’d get OWGR points with their current format is beyond me).

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Unfortunately it's hard to disregard the 2 Billion dollar commitment made to support LIV. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Obviously not long term survivable without some kind of broadcast deal, which I hope they never get from the major networks. But they will continue to poach some players who can cut a deal worth more than they could ever hope to make on the PGA tour in their lifetime.

I hate it very much and it's going to hurt pro golf for years and years. It's also going to force the PGA to pay more instead of donating more to communities and charities which really sucks.

But the players who have defected are dead to me.

Reaction Score
Hope Bryson is ok from that rope. Some of the guys who left I get, they were foreign and wanna make money and play less. Majority of these guys who left though are major dbags. You literally can’t find bigger ones than Brooks and Bryson. DJ, Reed, Bubba all have had their baggage too. I love what the PGA Tour has been doing

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Yup...see ya losers. You made your bed, now hit the road. LIV isn't even equal to AAA...it's like the HR Derby or some circus show. Henrik Stensen and an amateur have won events. These guys couldn't even make the cut on the PGA TOUR. I read a story about a guy who shot 50 on either his front or back 9. 50. Who else has to pay to get themselves a TV deal? It's basically guys getting paid to play golf and not compete/practice/grind. The quality will always be sub-par. I'm team PGA right here...it's not even close. Their product is tremendous...always has been.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The LIV claims that they are creating “a better product” for golf fans. Maybe (maybe) the in person experience is superior. Music, good food & booze. But the actual play on the course is a joke. No one wants to see team events outside of the Ryder Cup / President Cup and a 54 hole tournament with a field of 60 is just lame. It’s essentially exhibition golf.

If they made it a knock out / bracket style / match play events, made the courses super long (8,000 yards) or had 3 foot deep rough to let the “best players” in the world challenge themselves, maybe it’d be more interesting.

Reaction Score
These guys signed up for an exhibition series knowing LIVs events don’t sync up with the world golf rankings criteria. That’s on them and Greg Norman.
They may pivot and play 72 with a cut to get in.
They may pay to get on Fox Sports, but it’s easy to find on YouTube.
Bottom line golf isn’t that exciting outside the majors and LIV has eliminated the drama with no Sunday back-9 chase down the stretch.
Once the initial shock of “who’s going who’s staying” and the first event came and went, all the momentum was gone.

My opinion is there will always be young guys coming up and I’m more interested in watching someone like Mito for example, trying to hold on and win the PGA Championship. LIV can’t sign everyone and turn their own roster over year over year. We’ll I guess they can since they have bottomless cash.
It can get intriguing if they start paying courses like Riviera or Pine Valley crazy money to host one of their events

Reaction Score
Also kinda funny that the Tour (and golf in general) has historically been a right wing leaning endeavor. And since who’s aligned with LIV domestically, that’s almost pushed perception of the Tour to the left. It’s a clown show

Reaction Score
I understand the money grab but anyone taking money from a country behind 9/11 are bottom of the barrel and deserve nothing. It’s an absolute disgrace and I would hope any US coarse would reject any LIV event but that won’t happen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom