Division I transfers for all sports get blanket waiver from NCAA, can play immediately | The Boneyard

Division I transfers for all sports get blanket waiver from NCAA, can play immediately

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Jeff Borzello ESPN Staff Writer Dec 16, 2020

The NCAA Division I Council voted Wednesday to grant a blanket waiver allowing all Division I transfers to play immediately this year.

The waiver covers all Division I sports, and the most immediate impact will be felt in men's college basketball, in which a number of notable players will be able to suit up immediately -- as soon as Wednesday night.

Reaction Score
Wonder if this will spur many transfers in WCBB in the next few weeks?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wonder if this will spur many transfers in WCBB in the next few weeks?

Under these crazy circumstances, would coaches want to open their programs to transfers?? How do you integrate into your system so late???

Reaction Score
Does that mean Andra Espinoza-Hunter gets to play right away? Surprised she didn't play Tuesday. Thought they had already given approval to play immediately to all transfers.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Does anyone know of any key players who transferred in the fall who were not previously eligible but are now eligible?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Does anyone know of any key players who transferred in the fall who were not previously eligible but are now eligible?
Texas' C/PF Lauren Ebo (Penn State) and Baylor's PG Jaden Owens (UCLA) had their waivers denied previously; so, their immediate eligibility now means help for both programs at need positions.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I can't give you an answer but isn't there a transfer thread here on the WBB forum that lists almost every transfer?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Another transfer who has been sitting out this season so far is Texas A&M's Zaay Green (Tennessee). Most believed that was due to SEC intra-conference transfer rules. While some are predicting that she, too, is now eligible, Texas A&M has yet to put out an official statement (like Texas and Baylor did for Ebo and Owens). It might be that she does not meet one of the criteria -- must not have been "facing disciplinary suspension".

Reaction Score
Good thing that Westbrook really benefited from having that year off. Two surgeries and months to rehab and recover. Blessing in disguise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom