Disney vs Universal Parks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Disney vs Universal Parks

Reaction Score
Could be a little off on the year, but I think by 2018 or 2019 Animal Kingdom will have an Avatarland and Hollywood Studios will have a Star Wars Land. It would seem that they would have the potential for some big time rides, which I agree Disney needs. I hate the new Test Track, and the Mountains at MK aren't that big of a thrill. I like the updated Star Tours, but its fair to say Disney only has 3 true thrill rides: Everest, Rockin Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror.

Reaction Score
Lots of comments about the Disney customer service. If you stay off campus at a condo in Kissimmee and navigate through the tickets and parks on your own before hand, where are you getting this huge customer service bang that still makes that big a difference? With the internet and "fast pass" type options, I don't know that I really even interacted with many staff at all last trip.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lots of comments about the Disney customer service. If you stay off campus at a condo in Kissimmee and navigate through the tickets and parks on your own before hand, where are you getting this huge customer service bang that still makes that big a difference? With the internet and "fast pass" type options, I don't know that I really even interacted with many staff at all last trip.

You don't really, except at character breakfasts and such. Universal was just as clean, as is Sea World. Really the dining at Disney is one of the weakest points...you need reservations at even mundane eateries in the parks. I've stayed on property for the last time I think. If Gland Floridian was about half price I'd consider it, or any of the monorail resorts. But the Hard Rock is my likely destination next time.

By the way, Fast Pass at Disney can't compare to what Universal offers. Skipping the lines is huge.
SKIP THE REGULAR LINES with Universal ExpressSM Unlimited ride access in both theme parks—a FREE^ benefit worth up to $89 per person, per day^^ (valid theme park admission required). It's the fastest way to ride—enjoy unparalleled access all day long, as often as you'd like!

Reaction Score
You don't really, except at character breakfasts and such. Universal was just as clean, as is Sea World. Really the dining at Disney is one of the weakest points...you need reservations at even mundane eateries in the parks. I've stayed on property for the last time I think. If Gland Floridian was about half price I'd consider it, or any of the monorail resorts. But the Hard Rock is my likely destination next time.

By the way, Fast Pass at Disney can't compare to what Universal offers. Skipping the lines is huge.
SKIP THE REGULAR LINES with Universal ExpressSM Unlimited ride access in both theme parks—a FREE^ benefit worth up to $89 per person, per day^^ (valid theme park admission required). It's the fastest way to ride—enjoy unparalleled access all day long, as often as you'd like!

yeah, but you're paying for Universal's version of Fastpass, and it's not cheap.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
yeah, but you're paying for Universal's version of Fastpass, and it's not cheap.
If you stay in a Loews hotel at Universal, it's free of charge. And those hotels are much cheaper than anything of equivalent quality at Disney.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
On the whole, Universal has the far cooler rides. But, Disney has Epcot.

Reaction Score
If you stay in a Loews hotel at Universal, it's free of charge. And those hotels are much cheaper than anything of equivalent quality at Disney.

Oh ok, didn't get that part about staying at thier hotel. That's a nice perk.

Reaction Score
The Disney parks faired well under Michael Eisner. He was willing to open up the Disney wallet and make the parks a priority.

Since 2005 Disney has been busy spending its billions acquiring Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, etc. I think Disney has been figuring out how to make those new brands work in the parks without diluting the core Disney brand. Pixar has obviously worked well, but that's the easy one.

They did the new Fantasyland, so for young kids that's very cool. But, yeah, they need to get more done elsewhere.

Reaction Score
The Disney parks faired well under Michael Eisner. He was willing to open up the Disney wallet and make the parks a priority.

Since 2005 Disney has been busy spending its billions acquiring Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, etc. I think Disney has been figuring out how to make those new brands work in the parks without diluting the core Disney brand. Pixar has obviously worked well, but that's the easy one.

They did the new Fantasyland, so for young kids that's very cool. But, yeah, they need to get more done elsewhere.

There's been a lot of rumors about a 5th gate opening that would be dedicated specifically to Pixar franchises.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom