Dishin & Swishin: USA Basketball w/ Carol Callan & Draft Day Memories w/ Jeanette Pohlen | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin: USA Basketball w/ Carol Callan & Draft Day Memories w/ Jeanette Pohlen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Two great interviews this week, that will inform as well as entertain.

First, Carol Callan is the USA Basketball’s Women’s National Team Director, responsible for "all USA Basketball women’s team programs, including competitions, trials, training camps, and serves as a liaison to women’s competition committees” according to their website.

Who better to answer some of the questions I have been asked regarding the Olympic team? Some of the topics discussed include why the final roster was selected this early (final roster is not due until June) and why only eleven players, the timetable to choose the final player, the factors that go into picking a roster, the role of the head coach in selection and how the head coach is chosen, including the professional versus college coach aspect. Callan also took the time to explain the selection process and who does the selection.

Second, it's draft time. Have you ever wondered what it is like for the "less famous draftees" – those fourteen players invited to the event not named Maya or Nneka?

The Indiana Fever selected Jeanette Pohlen from Stanford with the number nine pick last year. The WNBA draft experience is something that Pohlen will always remember, and she was nice enough to reflect back on the events with me, from the injury she suffered at the end of her final college game, all the way through draft day and beyond. A great look at what those young ladies will be feeling on the 16th.

I hope you enjoy the podcast!

http://wp.me/pwd9L-4P8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member