Dishin & Swishin Podcast: ESPN's Carol Stiff, Green Bay-Toledo | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast: ESPN's Carol Stiff, Green Bay-Toledo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On today's Dishin & Swishin Radio show/podcast:

Have you ever wanted to peek behind the curtain a little bit and look at ESPN's decision making process and promotion of events like Jimmy V and Maggie Dixon, as well as other games? I talked to ESPN programming VP Carol Stiff about just that. How teams are selected, the need to generate more and better production of games, the use of the ESPN family of networks including ESPN3 and ESPNW and more.

Tonight, two mid-majors square off in an important game. Green Bay and Toledo meet for the second time this season. Both teams are led by great young coaches who have them on the rise. The interesting thing is they are playing twice in the same season because they can't get bigger schools to schedule them. I talked to both coaches about their programs and teams, and the issues with being a mid-major on the rise.

So to summarize:
1. ESPN's Carol Stiff
2. GB head coach Matt Bollant
3. Toledo head coach Tricia Cullop

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...f-tonight-bollant-cullop-discuss-their-teams/

Reaction Score

If I were an Athletic Director, I'd can any coach who repeatedly avoided playing good teams. Don't people understand that you don't get better at poker, Scrabble, or basketball if you only play your 8-year old nephew?

There are coaches in women's basketball who never play good teams by choice.

Reaction Score
It's amazing isn't it? The biggest problem apparently is they don't want to go on the road.

In the interview Tricia Cullop commented that Doug Bruno had said that every school should have to play half their games on the road. That would shake things up!

Green Bay held on and beat Toledo last night, BTW, 72-65, ending Toledo's home winning streak. Watch out for Green Bay, they are IMO a potential Elite Eight team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom