Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Dave Magarity of Army and Curt Miller of Indiana off to inspired starts! | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast: Dave Magarity of Army and Curt Miller of Indiana off to inspired starts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, I don't think this week's podcast will generate the discussion of last week's but it is enjoyable nonetheless.

I have two guests this week:

First, Dave Magarity the head coach at West Point, on his club, especially star guard Kelsey Minato, being a Cadet and a DI player, the Maggie Dixon classic and a lot more. Really thought provoking when you consider that some of his ex-players are in Afghanistan and other hot spots.

Then, Curt Miller who has Indiana 14-0 after beating Iowa last night. Miller has done it the way Geno liked about Lindsey Gottlieb, going from assistant to mid-major to BCS head coach, and his team is rolling, led by a freshmen backcourt (featuring a coach's daughter, we know about them in Connecticut), and a graduate student transfer from Valpo. Miller was also on the rules committee until recently and talks about the changes and points of emphasis. Also as one of only two male coaches in the Big 10, we touched on the men vs. women coaches debate.

A podcast I enjoyed making! Happy New Year!

http://j.mp/1hmhp0t

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's very interesting. Both HC's are guys. I know a lot of young coaches are making noise in the "big time". UCLA, Texas, OSU to name a few. L'ville and Kentucky already have established young coaches leading their teams to great heights. It seems that more and more of the top programs are led by male coaches. Interesting to see how that works out over the next 10 years...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Good job again. Even when it isn't Uconn I enjoy your discussions!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not sure if this came up in the podcast (haven't listened . . . yet), but Kayla McBride's sister is a freshman on Indiana's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom