Dishin & Swishin Podcast asks #WhyNotVandy? | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast asks #WhyNotVandy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NCAA women’s basketball 2014 Final Four is in Knoxville, Tennessee. The talk all season has been about the Tennessee Lady Vols trying to get to play in the Final Four in their home state My question to you though, is #WhyNotVandy?

It has been said that guard play is the key to a championship run. If that is in fact the case, Vanderbilt has one of the strongest backcourts in the nation, with their two seniors, Jasmine Lister and Christina Foggie.

Melanie Balcomb is my first guest, talking about her squed, and then Katie Smith, who is covering the Vanderbilt-South Carolina game this weekend helps break down that game.

An SEC Dishin & Swishin this week!

http://post original url/wETXjcAvc9

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
-Knoxville...Nashville...Either way you're dead.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
-Knoxville...Nashville...Either way you're dead.
Ouch, that is a bad one, and I don't know whether the Dores or the Vols will feel more insulted. But those Tennessee towns like Nashville, Knoxville, and Memphis all look alike to me. And with all the stupids the NCAA has been doing lately, maybe they'll get confused and set up in Knoxville. Didn't work out so well for the Vols the last time that happened though.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Didn't get the feelings that Melanie has any hope of making the F4? You gave her the opportunity to tout her team reaching the F4 and she didn't take it. Its a realistic attitude that she has, but she could have said Why Not Vandy.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Didn't get the feelings that Melanie has any hope of making the F4? You gave her the opportunity to tout her team reaching the F4 and she didn't take it. Its a realistic attitude that she has, but she could have said Why Not Vandy.

I thought the same thing. I have caught a few Vandy games and Balcomb can coach. It always amazes how well they continuously do with 6'0 centers. If she ever had a Chantelle Anderson under her tenure she could make some noise. Seems like they never have post players or size.

U

UCONNfan1

Vandy never ceases to amaze. They never seem to have a ton of top name talent, yet manage to make Tennessee's life usually miserable. Hope they and Tex AM sweep Tennessee this season...

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I wish we had a few players named Balcomb. Then we could say "Welcome Balcomb."

Reaction Score
I wish we had a few players named Balcomb. Then we could say "Welcome Balcomb."
Hmm. . . wonder if there's a Brianna Balcomb playing basketball in some high school right now. Hmm. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom