Disappointed | The Boneyard

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since message boards seem to attract controversy for the poster and therefore I am generally loath to post I felt obligated to make this post. I am somewhat confused by the reaction of the UConn players to the accusations made by Ms. Hardwick. Several have come out and strongly defended Geno. Surprisingly several have expressed how much they like Ms. Hardwick, yet either the reporters involved failed to note their support for Geno or failed to mention it. I find it hard to believe that Geno would leave any of his former players out to dry without at least indicating that while he would wait until all the evidence is gathered he strongly believes in his folks. Where are you, Jen Rizzotti, Sue Bird, Diana T., Maya Moore, Renee Montgomery, etc... and where are you coming from Ashia Jones, Tina Charles etc...As an outsider we cannot know the nature of the relationships all these players have had with Geno, but from all accounts I have read they were all regulars at his house for meals and he has cared deeply about them as people as well as players. I would think the folks at the Summit would have and have shown they rally around their coach. Where is the majority of the UConn family?

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Did it ever occur to you that maybe he reached out to these players and told them NOT to voice their opinions? As you mentioned before, you don't know the inner workings of the UConn family. As such, how can you be disappointed in something you don't understand?

Reaction Score
Saki, many things have occurred to me and that was one of them. I guess some folks like Rebecca Lobo didn't get the call. If people here posted only regarding things they fully understood, it would be an empty board and you might now be just composing your first post since you clearly didn't understand mine. I SAID I DON'T KNOW, WASN'T THAT CLEAR TO YOU,WHICH PART DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND! I WAS MERELY RAISING A QUESTION IN LIGHT OF THIS OBVIOUSLY DIFFICULT SITUATION. NEXT TIME I"LL ASK YOUR PERMISSION BEFORE I POST

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Also, there was JUST a link to an article saying former players or players who were on the team when Hardwick was employed might be called to testify. Not a good idea to comment to the press if you might be deposed.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Saki, many things have occurred to me and that was one of them. I guess some folks like Rebecca Lobo didn't get the call. If people here posted only regarding things they fully understood, it would be an empty board and you might now be just composing your first post since you clearly didn't understand mine. I SAID I DON'T KNOW, WASN'T THAT CLEAR TO YOU,WHICH PART DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND! I WAS MERELY RAISING A QUESTION IN LIGHT OF THIS OBVIOUSLY DIFFICULT SITUATION. NEXT TIME I"LL ASK YOUR PERMISSION BEFORE I POST
Really no need to yell.

Reaction Score
Did it ever occur to you that maybe he reached out to these players and told them NOT to voice their opinions? As you mentioned before, you don't know the inner workings of the UConn family. As such, how can you be disappointed in something you don't understand?

Not to mention, smart people recognize that people they know do things they never thought that person could do on a daily basis. So, rather than rush to someone's defense when you don't have any facts and then ultimately look dumb, you wait to say anything.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that any time Geno or a player comments on this situation, it stays in the news.
Regardless of the truth, more press exposure hurts Geno and increases pressure to settle just to make it go away. If this indeed is a frivolous lawsuit, a continuing news story is not good.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Something tells me that he would not do this as it could be witness tampering, especially if the two players that have been mentioned were UCONN players. I doubt that his attorney would condone contact with former players to discuss this case.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Just curious if Lobo has tweeted yet since she is an active tweeter.

Reaction Score
Well, if keeping it out of the news means interviewing past players and writing how they liked Ms. Hardwick and how no one had any problems with her, then perhaps saying I worked with the man 10+ years shouldn't be a problem and I don't get it.

Vowelguy, even the Hartford Courant is keeping this front page news and its mostly re; Hardwick.

Businesslawyer; Smart people wouldn't have to be rushing to someones defense, maybe they could just support someone they have spent years with and say, never saw anything to indicate that might occur. HOW WOULD THAT MAKE THEM A FOOL? Not speaking out on behalf of a mentor and friend makes you an ingrate.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Businesslawyer; Smart people wouldn't have to be rushing to someones defense, maybe they could just support someone they have spent years with and say, never saw anything to indicate that might occur. HOW WOULD THAT MAKE THEM A FOOL? Not speaking out on behalf of a mentor and friend makes you an ingrate.
You understand that all caps is considered yelling and is therefore rude?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
still yelling. We don't see a lot of yelling on this board.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Something tells me that he would not do this as it could be witness tampering, especially if the two players that have been mentioned were UCONN players. I doubt that his attorney would condone contact with former players to discuss this case.

Witness tampering? The suit was filed yesterday; no witnesses have been identified. How can there be witness tampering? Asking former players not to speak publicly about him or this incident would hardly constitute witness tampering in any event.

If Geno asked former players not to comment, it was likely done in an effort to protect them. Many of the well-known former players are currently playing in the WNBA and likely know the plaintiff. As was clear from comments by Asjha and Tina yesterday, they have a good relationship with her. What are they going to say? We support Geno in this so, by implication, the plaintiff is lying. This is a very uncomfortable situation and asking current WNBA player not to take sides isn't exactly unreasonable.

Culmo and Lobo did speak on Geno's behalf, though Rebecca certainly hedged her comments by saying she has no idea what did or did not happen in Russia.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Witness tampering? You can't be serious.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize that CAPS were yelling. To all concerned my apology!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that any time Geno or a player comments on this situation, it stays in the news.
Regardless of the truth, more press exposure hurts Geno and increases pressure to settle just to make it go away. If this indeed is a frivolous lawsuit, a continuing news story is not good.
The Lance Armstrong story and Sandusky trial are doing a pretty good job knocking it out of the news here in PA.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Lance Armstrong story and Sandusky trial are doing a pretty good job knocking it out of the news here in PA.
That seems to be true in many places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc