Disappointed w/ XL Center Season Tickets for '13-'14 season | The Boneyard

Disappointed w/ XL Center Season Tickets for '13-'14 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just received my XL Center season tickets for UCONN women. Imagine my disappointment when I didn't get tickets to Stanford or Cincinnati. Why would you do that to fans buying a block of tickets? Season ticket purchasers should have had the best games. I gladly would have paid for 1 tickets to get those 2. May not buy tickets again. Will just watch on TV.

Reaction Score
According to the schedule, those games will be played at Gampel, not the XL.

Reaction Score
TV is killing the in person game experience...........2 tckets, dinner, parking, overpriced drinks at the XL ...........$135 per/game minimum.........Do not get me wrong, we enjoy our date night out........

Aj

Reaction Score
Why by them in advance? I pay $10 for courtside tickets the day of the game!

Reaction Score
Season ticket holders at Gampel get the best games. I think we are seeing the beginning of a move away from XL. Ticket sales have declined over the years, in no small part because of the ready access to games on TV. I also wonder how much the change in management and the wearing down of the XL infrastructure has to do with it. I don't like Gample because it is painfully uncomfortable for me in the bleachers. When they go to all seatbacks in Gample, or I accumulate enough points to guarantee a seat back, I will consider buying season tickets at Gample.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I think given the XL's slice of the pie, unless a game there can outdraw a full house at Gampel, putting it in the XL means less net revenue to the school. In an related aside, Tenn didn't have a "midnight madness" in large part because of the cost of opening up TBA for a night. Heard it would have cost the athletic budget $300K.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
TV is killing the in person game experience...........2 tckets, dinner, parking, overpriced drinks at the XL ...........$135 per/game minimum.........Do not get me wrong, we enjoy our date night out........

We have found the drive from Norwalk to and from Gampel to be too much for us to undertake. So we try to go to all games in Hartford (plus NYC and Bridgeport, thanks to TJI and TonyC). We have found it convenient to go early, dine at the nice little restaurant in the Hilton (and get a parking credit). It is helpful to me (wheelchair) to be able to go from Hilton to the arena (and return) without going outside at all.

It's a workable solution that will enable us to see ten games live and the remainder on TV. Plus those great get-togethers with Boneyard friends. Ideal? No. But on balance, not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom