Disappointed in our players moving on | The Boneyard

Disappointed in our players moving on

Reaction Score
I dont think Vance's dad is getting good advice. I think the NBA will either like you or not whether you play 15 minutes or 35. I felt Vance made a lot of strides--he looked like ma guy who could play 2-4 and been a pesk at the top of our defense. I dont think you can tell a coach that your son needs post ups--Im sure that he can find away over 3-4 years to show it all off. He built in chemistry with the guys and they should think twice about moving on.

Also Im sorry to see Enoch go--but in his case maybe going to a Fairfield where he can be a dominate guy would be in his best interests. I dont want to see him go bt have more understanding there.

Reaction Score
Don't like Vance's dad's meddling but after throwing the ball into Brimah with no results some post ups couldn't have hurt. That said Vance did not pull the trigger when open many times so who's to blame for that>

Reaction Score
I dont think Vance's dad is getting good advice. I think the NBA will either like you or not whether you play 15 minutes or 35. I felt Vance made a lot of strides--he looked like ma guy who could play 2-4 and been a pesk at the top of our defense. I dont think you can tell a coach that your son needs post ups--Im sure that he can find away over 3-4 years to show it all off. He built in chemistry with the guys and they should think twice about moving on.

Also Im sorry to see Enoch go--but in his case maybe going to a Fairfield where he can be a dominate guy would be in his best interests. I dont want to see him go bt have more understanding there.

I hope for both of their sakes they go to schools relative to ability. If you don't want to be a piece of a big puzzle at a high level program then make your way to a Fresno State or Fairfield to be a super star.

If the the dads here really care about their kids and have any brains we will not see them transferring to high level programs. If they do it's a bit selfish too.

Reaction Score
It's difficult because this class had so much enthusiasm coming in. Top5 moniker, numerous videos and interviews, and their disposition with the media indicated they were bleed blue, true husky program guys with tons of potential.

Disgruntled, difficult locker room guys who were inconsistent contributors (Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, Oriakhi as Jr), don't let the door hit you on the way out.

TSam, Vance, guys you can tell love being here, it's hard to see them go

Reaction Score
It's difficult because this class had so much enthusiasm coming in. Top5 moniker, numerous videos and interviews, and their disposition with the media indicated they were bleed blue, true husky program guys with tons of potential.

Disgruntled, difficult locker room guys who were inconsistent contributors (Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, Oriakhi as Jr), don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I'm not sold on Vance being happy being here. TSam yeah but Vance did not look to me on the sidelines to be all that enthused. I really believe this decision was made way before the end of the season at least from my perspective.

Reaction Score
If you get to play 30 minutes a game on a team with multiple starters injured all year, and then figure you're going to play 20 minutes or less a game the following year you might come up with a lot of reasons why it isn't a good fit.

At best he was a Rashad Anderson, 4 year role player. At worst, the transfer reasons given are indicative of an attitude that may have caused issues anyway.

Reaction Score

Terrence had to leave to have a shot to play meaningful minutes, Vance very well could have started. Don't have any love for Vance, whereas I won't fault Terrence.

Reaction Score
It is Vance Jr. Sr. 's life and if they want a change then so be it.

I don't want players that aren't 10 toes in.

Its 2017 not 1987 and with NBA contracts going up every few years players want to maximize that lottery ticket set for life money.

Reaction Score
I agree on TSam but don't have a great feel on how Vance's game would have progressed. He did develop a pump fake, drive and spin in the lane that became effective. Not a great athlete but super smooth - can see him averaging 15/game before his career is done.

I just think it's just a bummer when guys like that leave. From what I saw on social media, he was always flaunting uconn before and after he got here. But anyone who indicates they don't want to be here should be on the next flight out of Bradley

Reaction Score
Vance doesn't want to play the 4. He wants to find a place to be featured as a 3. I don't like his game as a 3, not quick, average handle, can't defend on the perimeter, etc. But he probably feels best chance to make league.

SE is young and can spend a full year working on game. And maybe has little confidence in UConn developing him with lack of quality big men development recently. Saw Brimah get worse and go from 1st round projection to a guy who will go undrafted.

Brimah should had left after his Soph year, AAC def player of year, seemed like he still had upside.

Don't like Vance's dad's meddling but after throwing the ball into Brimah with no results some post ups couldn't have hurt. That said Vance did not pull the trigger when open many times so who's to blame for that>

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I'm not sold on Vance being happy being here...

This didn't convince you?

images

Reaction Score
I doubt very much Vance's dad cares what the Boneyard thinks about their decision. Fact is, its their decision to make. Deal with it.

Reaction Score
We were a sub .500 team for the first time in forever in a dumpster fire of a conference. It can't get any worse. I'm 100% fine with rebuilding with a reasonably fresh slate at this point and rolling the dice that anything else has a good chance at being an upgrade.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that being 3,000 miles from home, in a climate that he wasn't used to and viewing playing the three as being what will display his talents made it easy for VJ to follow his father's advice

While we may believe there is little difference between KO's stretch four and a traditional three, he may view of differently.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I'm not sold on Vance being happy being here. TSam yeah but Vance did not look to me on the sidelines to be all that enthused. I really believe this decision was made way before the end of the season at least from my perspective.
Good point,but why? I am still numb over this. The kid was improving each game. Hey, he was a freshman that was not slated to start. Caught a break. So,what's the beef? Freshman mistakes. So?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good point,but why? I am still numb over this. The kid was improving each game. Hey, he was a freshman that was not slated to start. Caught a break. So,what's the beef? Freshman mistakes. So?
A decrease in playing time, having to fight for his time next year and a father who feels he is the next coming of MJ

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom