Dirt Bikes, who likes to ride?? | The Boneyard

Dirt Bikes, who likes to ride??

Reaction Score
I think I am going to buy a new bike, can't decide what to get. Actually thinking of an electric one like a Sur Ron or a Drill.

Reaction Score
My dirt bike days are long behind me, but I did just get an electric bike, mainly for rail trails, nothing crazy. I like it a lot. Some of the full blown dirt bike models look really interesting though. Obviously a huge plus is that there is almost zero motor maintenance.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I'm buying a like-new XT250 tomorrow from a good friend who has too many motorcycles, and wants to start thinning the herd. Can't wait to start getting out in the desert and the high country with it.

Reaction Score
My neighbor and his friends shipped their Eurosports to Africa and rode like 2000 miles from South Africa- North.

Reaction Score

I was just walking my pup at Whalley Park in Southwick which only a wire fence separates us from the above. My dog gets a kick out of watching the kids when they are competing. Today happened to be a big day there as many parents and fans also align the parks obrder to picnic and watch these dirt bikers battle. Many big events are on ESPN as well as this is one of the great tracks.

Honestly, no interest whatsoever just creates traffic on the way to golf and walking the dog. But I'm sure it's pretty cool to those who grew up with this is an interest.

Reaction Score
502poDO.gif

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i've never ridden dunes, as most of my experience comes from riding around the hills, vales, and shores of the lower Connecticut River valley, but i have wondered aboot cruisin on sand mountains, and if that stuff gets into everything like a full day at the beach. my bud was an active competitor at the New Hampshire track, pretty good too and never got hurt (i'll leave bike jumping to the evil kanevel types- no thank you), until one day, riding his street bike, he got hit by a lady backing out of her driveway and right into him. weird.
fish around utube 'ADVChina' for the episodes from a few years back where 'sepentza' and 'laowhy86,' a couple of guys from south africa and New York, respectively, basically ride around china. they even opened up a bike shop there for a bit, before the dopey commies realized that they were filming the whole country, and came hard after them, with laowhy just sneeking past the border into hongkong with the bad guys right on his tail. of course, today he wouldn't have made it cuz there is no 'hong kong' anymore.
they also made feature length films of their adventures on bike.
all very informative, entertaining, and highly worthwhile, and no longer possible cuz red china is now closed tighter than ur gascap in a monsoon.
laowhy posted the definitive expose on the lab origin of the covid in spring 2020, a worldwide sensation that hit millions of views in a nanosecond ( i immediately reposted here), which only recently the world is now starting to understand. anyway, great bike travelogue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In East Hampton, CT, we had a sweet Rupp mini bike we would ride up Rt. 66 and in the woods. We were 12.

Reaction Score
The Movie?? Or did they have a death wish?? LOL. He said it was an amazing experience, but at times very dangerous. Many of the area were very remote, no road rules or laws.
Exactly. No laws. Lots of gun toters.

Reaction Score
My dirt bike days are long gone but when I was younger my Yamaha YZ 250 was a beast! That bike was so nasty I remember keeping my knees squeezed against the gas tank just to stay on. I rode motocross for years and couldn't get enough of it. I wouldn't even know where to ride today. I guess I would need to research CT and RI and trailer the bike to the site wherever it may be.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yes. I’m looking to buy one soon as well I want to get more into it, my father used to race enduro’s and MX back in the day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom