DirecTV and SNY for Saturday's game | The Boneyard

DirecTV and SNY for Saturday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone have information as to whether those of us with SNY on DirecTV will actually get to see the game this week? In my case (living in southern California) the Vandy game was blacked out and Buffalo game I was treated to boxing instead of the game.

F

fortebleedsblue

The game will be on SNY this weekend. It was blacked out for Buffalo and Vandy because both were away and Vandy's rights are owned by the SEC and Buffalo's he MAC so they were put on ESPN regional. Also note that the TV listings both showed 'Blacked out' in the description. This weekends game against West Mich is at home (so the Big East owns rights) which means it WILL be on. Going forward all inconference games will be on as well.

Reaction Score
The game will be on SNY this weekend. It was blacked out for Buffalo and Vandy because both were away and Vandy's rights are owned by the SEC and Buffalo's he MAC so they were put on ESPN regional. Also note that the TV listings both showed 'Blacked out' in the description. This weekends game against West Mich is at home (so the Big East owns rights) which means it WILL be on. Going forward all inconference games will be on as well.
AND I don't think the mets will have any more games...

Reaction Score
Thanks Forte... That is great news!

Reaction Score
Live in Minneapolis and when I check the game schedules, I see it on both SNY and ESPN Gameplan. Doesn't usually bode well for me watching it on SNY but we shall see.

Reaction Score
Additionally, for the Buffalo game SNY didn't even show the game on cable because it was showing the Mets doubleheader. And I don't believe SNY can show Mets games on satellite outside the team's DMA, so that you'll buy Extra Innings. I don't have DirecTV, so I don't know for sure, but it's pretty common for SNY to run boxing when a Mets game is rained out, so it seems logical they would do the same there. So it's possible they were allowed to show the UConn-Buffalo game on DirecTV, but when SNY decided to cover the Mets doubleheader, they couldn't show that so they showed boxing.

Reaction Score
I just checked out the guide on my tv so I can record the game, and it says it's blacked out. Please, not again. Live in Glastonbury - Cox Communications.

If this happens again, absolutely ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I just checked out the guide on my tv so I can record the game, and it says it's blacked out. Please, not again. Live in Glastonbury - Cox Communications.

If this happens again, absolutely ridiculous.

In Poughkeepsie, NY, with Cablevision. It doesn't tell me when things are blacked out so I'm afraid I can't help you.

On a better note: I was cleared to return from medical leave and will be back at UConn next semester! Where I will have no on-screen TV guide at all. But will be at the home games live and not give a floating football what television station they're on.

Edit: Cox Sports is simulcasting the game in the Providence market. Look there too. One of them probably has the exclusive rights to broadcast the game in your area. The Big East always puts out a press release of where you can find these games. Look for it early in the week early in the week but the conference doesn't always post it where you know it exists. This week's is here. I look on http://the506.com which has tv broadcast info for many sports. Just click the link that says "Big East Network" for that week's games. Even if we're not on the Big East Regional TV. As long as we are still in the conference, that link will get you the info you need. Although last week's link takes you to this week's info now so I'm wondering if the Big East takes those pages down after game day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom