Diouf Leads No. 4 Huskies Over No. 7 California, 4-1 | The Boneyard

Diouf Leads No. 4 Huskies Over No. 7 California, 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
STORRS, Conn. - Led by sophomore forward Mamadou Doudou Diouf (Dakar, Sengal), the No. 4/5 Huskies routed No. 7/12 California tonight, 4-1, in front of a sell-out crowd of over 4,400 fans at Joseph J. Morrone Stadium. The Huskies improved to 3-0-0 while Cal dropped to 1-1-1. Freshman goalkeeper Andre Blake (May Pen, Jamaica) recorded two saves on the night.

UConn stifled a powerful California attack all game, limiting the Golden Bears to just eight total shots but it was Diouf who stole the show. The sophomore forward scored from the run of play in the 17th minute and successfully converted penalty kicks in the 47th and 83rd minutes.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-soccer/recaps/090411aaa.html

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that's a pretty impressive smackdown. 4-1 really is a rout. i'm not sure if the game felt as lopsided as the final score, but it's great to see it was a sellout and that fan interest for UCONN soccer is very high. sounds like that kid from Senegal is special.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Mamadou is truly something else both on and off the field. Off the field he is most likely, the nicest and most humble person I have ever met.
On the field it seems like he switches a flip, and turns into a leader and one of the most vocal people out there. He's also the top sophomore in the nation IMO since Saad (Univ of Mich) is now in the MLS. I'm glad I have the pleasure of saying I know Mamadou and if you see him off the field I guarantee he will have a smile on his face.

Reaction Score
Mamadou Doudou sounds like a euphemism for a really bad case of diarrhea. But he's amazing. This will be a great year for the Huskies. And Stephane Diop (the other dude from Senegal) got arrested the other night. He apparently yelled at a group of people the cops were trying to break up. So says the Daily Campus police blotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom