Dino Babers tells northeast prospects to stay home | The Boneyard

Dino Babers tells northeast prospects to stay home

Reaction Score
'Go to Pitt’: Babers urges recruits to stay in Northeast

>>Syracuse football coach Dino Babers recruited for his competitors Sunday, urging high school football players to go to Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers or Army if they wanted. He had a reason.

Babers told more than 2,000 players at the annual Lauren’s First & Goal football camp that he wanted to see them stay, and play, close to home. He insisted that there was “enough talent on this football field to win a national championship in the Northeast."

Babers then raised eyebrows by saying, “Go to Penn State” and “Go to Rutgers” before finding a player in the crowd wearing a Pitt shirt.

“Go to Pitt,” the Syracuse coach said to 2,000 gasps. “Did he just say that? Yeah. Go to Pitt. I’d rather see one of those schools do it with people at home than to [see players] run down to Clemson, Alabama or Florida State. You can play your ball right here.”<<

This from the 247 take made me look sideways... "Babers and the Orange are hard at work in the 2020 recruiting cycle with three commits to this point. There are several four-star targets who haven't announced their intentions, including wideout Jaden Dottin from Suffield, Connecticut — one of those gems Babers would like to see stay home."

Reaction Score
'Go to Pitt’: Babers urges recruits to stay in Northeast

>>Syracuse football coach Dino Babers recruited for his competitors Sunday, urging high school football players to go to Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers or Army if they wanted. He had a reason.

Babers told more than 2,000 players at the annual Lauren’s First & Goal football camp that he wanted to see them stay, and play, close to home. He insisted that there was “enough talent on this football field to win a national championship in the Northeast."

Babers then raised eyebrows by saying, “Go to Penn State” and “Go to Rutgers” before finding a player in the crowd wearing a Pitt shirt.

“Go to Pitt,” the Syracuse coach said to 2,000 gasps. “Did he just say that? Yeah. Go to Pitt. I’d rather see one of those schools do it with people at home than to [see players] run down to Clemson, Alabama or Florida State. You can play your ball right here.”<<

This from the 247 take made me look sideways... "Babers and the Orange are hard at work in the 2020 recruiting cycle with three commits to this point. There are several four-star targets who haven't announced their intentions, including wideout Jaden Dottin from Suffield, Connecticut — one of those gems Babers would like to see stay home."
Gotta give it to them, Syracuse hit a big homerun with the Barbers hire.
The guy’s got personality, and it seems like kids wanna play for him. Sure hope he doesn’t stay there long.

Reaction Score
... and Lance Leipold is damn good at Buffalo

My sense is that the Temple hold on Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey is wavering. Rutgers ain't what they were with Schiano. Still ... it ain't easy.

Reaction Score
... and Lance Leipold is damn good at Buffalo

My sense is that the Temple hold on Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey is wavering. Rutgers ain't what they were with Schiano. Still ... it ain't easy.
Rutty blew it with the Ash hire, Temple is wavering, and I agree about Buffalo and Cuse.
We so need RE 2.0 to work out, and fast. We don’t wanna fall too far behind.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn being strong doesn't benefit Syracuse while a strong Pitt does. Glad he's sending a message that we have viable programs.

Reaction Score
Rutty blew it with the Ash hire, Temple is wavering, and I agree about Buffalo and Cuse.
We so need RE 2.0 to work out, and fast. We don’t wanna fall too far behind.

How much farther behind do you think we have to fall????

C

Chief00

Randy needs a splash recruit and if he can’t get that a splash recruiting coordinator - hire Bunkey! Flip the tables on everyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom