Dimon Carrigan | The Boneyard

Dimon Carrigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could 6-9 Dimon Carrigan be the nation's best shotblocker?

Carrigan’s shot block percentage is 16% this year, outdistancing the 13.5% by Western Kentucky signee Mitchell Robinson, one of the top recruits in the Class of 2017. Shot block percentage measures the percentage of two-point field goal attempts the player blocks while he is on the court. Carrigan’s percentage means he blocks one of every six two-point shots taken.

Reaction Score
Also, possible reclass recruit since he was originally 2017 and decided to prep and is now part of 2018...

Yags' Point Forward - 2018 Stock Risers | NERR - New England Recruiting Report

Dimon Carrigan, BABC/Woodstock Academy – After deciding to prep and play on the Nike circuit this spring, it took the 6’8” wingspan big man all of one game to showcase an elite ability to protect the rim and earned an offer from the University of Houston shortly thereafter. He’s used his 7’3” wingspan to average 4 blocks per game, good for 2nd on the Nike circuit. Carrigan’s improved skillset and presence in the post has attracted a ton of attention but the young man’s demeanor remains the polar opposite. After immediately setting the bar for his recruitment at the American Conference-level, Carrigan has remained humble while privately collecting offers from programs within the ACC, Big East and A-10. It’s refreshing to know that Carrigan’s ego won’t become inflated alongside his rising prospect status heading into his post-grad season this fall.

Reaction Score
Looks like he has offers from UConn, DePaul, Georgia Tech, Hofstra, Houston, UMass, Miami, New Mexico, St. Bonny, Towson, USF, VCU, Washington, & Wichita St.

I imagine more will be coming with his improved play. Was defensive player of the series as some point in the EYBL if I remember correctly. Wasn't paying too much attention because I didn't know we were watching him though.

Seems like mostly a non threat offensively. Would love him in 2017. For 2018 would be a good option c.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
After immediately setting the bar for his recruitment at the American Conference-level
That statement made me cringe

Reaction Score
After immediately setting the bar for his recruitment at the American Conference-level
That statement made me cringe

That was not the worst statement. The part that followed was. Remained humble while privately collecting offers from programs within the ACC, Big East and A-10.

Reaction Score
Sounds like this might have been one of the things KO was referring to in that interview the other day

Reaction Score
When I was look at babc numbers from eybl this kids stat line popped off the screen for sure. Would be an excellent target for a big, him and Mathis are really terrific prospects.

Reaction Score
Carrigan is a good big man. Good frame, good motor and good shot blocker. Very underrated offensive rebounder. He also has a good feel around the rim. Plays like Tristan Thompson a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom