2022 Recruiting: - Diggins Update | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Diggins Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He seems the highest ranked of the 3 recruits, but on the eye test, he seems to be behind the other two in terms of athleticism and shooting. What am I missing Bc I clearly am missing something here, not flaming at all...

Reaction Score
He seems the highest ranked of the 3 recruits, but on the eye test, he seems to be behind the other two in terms of athleticism and shooting. What am I missing Bc I clearly am missing something here, not flaming at all...
Johnson has a lot of upside, but saying he’s more impactful than Diggins right now is blasphemy. People need to pump the brakes a bit on SJ

Reaction Score
Johnson has a lot of upside, but saying he’s more impactful than Diggins right now is blasphemy. People need to pump the brakes a bit on SJ

100%. Diggins is the clear #1 option on a top 25 HS team. And has led a team of all basically mid or low major guys (at best) for 2 years.

Johnson isn't even the best player on a lower ranked team. His best attribute is that he's a physical freak. 6'11 elite athletes with 7'6 wingspans don't grow on trees. But he's very very limited skill-wise

Reaction Score
I’m actually surprised to see Samson hitting long jumpers and driving to the hoop. I was expecting mostly dunks and defense based on reputation. He looks like he’s got all the tools to be a very good player.

Diggins should be ready for substantial minutes right away.

Reaction Score
100%. Diggins is the clear #1 option on a top 25 HS team. And has led a team of all basically mid or low major guys (at best) for 2 years.

Johnson isn't even the best player on a lower ranked team. His best attribute is that he's a physical freak. 6'11 elite athletes with 7'6 wingspans don't grow on trees. But he's very very limited skill-wise
In fairness to Samson he plays with a top 20 ranked elite scorer, he's not supposed to be the go to guy.

Reaction Score

I don’t buy HS rankings . Shouldn’t the Patrick school smoke arch wood ?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I don’t think so. I think Wood would annihilate Patrick School. Theyve essentially had the same team for 3 years now. They took Paul VI into multiple OTs last year with the same team. Patrick School lost to a RC team that doesn’t have any big men.

Reaction Score

And let's run our expectations through that filter. Tall and athlete does not guarantee anything.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure--I'd have to watch them play the same team a few times. But AW is a much, much better coached team. TPS coach basically acquires uber talent, runs a few basic set plays and says "go show off your talent for the league." Not a big fan of their coaching staff tbh. They do have some good skill cdevelopment though.

Dematha and AW both look like about as well coached a HS team as you could ask for. Space the floor, defend well, run some unique sets etc.

Reaction Score
DH recruited Sool for his leadership skills/floor game/court vision/as a distributor and not for his pretty jump shot. He can/will improve on that while in Storrs. Doesn't mean he doesn't know how to score .

He will be a coach on the floor and get the ball to open teammates. He and AJ will be off the charts with their passing when on the floor together.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I must temper expectations because I still have images of Andre Jackson hitting multiple 3's from his highlight tapes.
AJ was a ball dominant/high volume shooter in HS who had the green light to "put it up".. Not the case (yet) at UConn.

IMO. If he had green light here and was able to get into a rhythm based on game flow/match ups I would predict his %'s would go up.

I am not as preoccupied with his form as other Yarders because he can score in a variety of different ways. After a full summer of skill development/pick up and with more SnC -- Next year will be AJ's break out season..

Just trying to be a good teammate and do what the coach wants him to do this season. Let Bouk do his thing!

Reaction Score
Rahsool seems to me like a mix of AJ Price and Marcus Williams. He's got Marcus' size/strength and ability to get in the lane and score. He has AJs smooth, creative handle and floor game in the midrange. Not sure he has the jump shot of either of those players, that will remain to be seen, but I really like how he makes the game simple for his team.

Reaction Score
Rahsool seems to me like a mix of AJ Price and Marcus Williams. He's got Marcus' size/strength and ability to get in the lane and score. He has AJs smooth, creative handle and floor game in the midrange. Not sure he has the jump shot of either of those players, that will remain to be seen, but I really like how he makes the game simple for his team.
I’d say more AJ Price. Marcus was 6’3 200 lbs

Reaction Score
Floor General

Weird to see them playing with Covid 19 masks on. Why did they do that? I guess mandated as it looks like they had some fans close to them. Either way that was werid.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hurley touched on this after we landed him but an underrated aspect of us bringing him in is that he brings personality to the team. You need talkative characters like Sool to help team bonding and cohesion. A lot of the kids we have now are kind of soft spoken kids of few words and I think that’s a small part of why it took us so long to gel. The only one who fits the mold now is BA.

Reaction Score
You echo my thoughts as well.
I think he'll be fine at UCONN but I'm more excited at the really big time star potential of the other 2 recruits.

Reaction Score
Hurley touched on this after we landed him but an underrated aspect of us bringing him in is that he brings personality to the team. You need talkative characters like Sool to help team bonding and cohesion. A lot of the kids we have now are kind of soft spoken kids of few words and I think that’s a small part of why it took us so long to gel. The only one who fits the mold now is BA.
I hear you.Sool kind of has that KEA vibe with the chatter and the charisma.

Will be providing us with a lot of entertainment over the next few years. Imagine him in pressers once DH invites him to participate in them. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom