Diggins Not Playing | The Boneyard

Diggins Not Playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno would love it if she can't play in Rio, that way but momma stef can get on the team.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
If there were more players like Diggins - committed to building the league and building their brand - then what would all the folks who keep saying "the WNBA is going to fail. It's in trouble. Blah de blah blah..."

Lordy, people hold a grudge. Guess it pleases them....

Reaction Score
Diggins wasn't one of my favorite players and EDD didn't get my votes for leaving Uconn.

But I am maturing (actually getting very old) and I see Diggins as a very good to great player and worthy of respect for that
Edd is an extraordinary talent and a really nice person.. So, she too has my respect for that. I no longer can knock Nice talented players because they beat or left Uconn...\

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Digging had ACL reconstructive surgery on 7/7/15, a mere 10 months ago. Although there are countless pro athletes that come back from this procedure in less than 1 year, it's reported that it can take up to 2 years for a person to feel "whole". There's a lot that goes on, beyond the recup and rehab of the ligament reconstruction - nerves, muscles, etc have to all learn to work together again. Then there's work on balance, strength, etc. As someone who has gone through this twice, as much as I admire athletes that work their arses off to come back before a year, I also admire those that do exactly what their body is telling them, and come back when they are 100% ready. No sense jeopardizing the future by rushing into the present.

Reaction Score
If she can't play, she can't play. What is she supposed to do? Go out there and play sick to prove a point to message board posters?
I read it's a stomach bug, if she missed the game she must not be able to leave immediate area of restroom

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I read it's a stomach bug, if she missed the game she must not be able to leave immediate area of restroom

True. When you've got an upset tummy, you can't afford to be more than 3-5 quick steps from the comfort of a toilet. Rolling the dice and leaving the immediate area of a toilet could be disastrous, let alone a bit messy. :confused:

Reaction Score
If there were more players like Diggins - committed to building the league and building their brand - then what would all the folks who keep saying "the WNBA is going to fail. It's in trouble. Blah de blah blah..."

Lordy, people hold a grudge. Guess it pleases them....
No grudge here. Just watch the video about her on WESPN, she talks about building her brand but nothing about helping the WNBA. She is getting ready for a life outside of the WNBA. Building her brand through the social media is her thing. Just the facts, man.... just the facts.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
No grudge here. Just watch the video about her on WESPN, she talks about building her brand but nothing about helping the WNBA. She is getting ready for a life outside of the WNBA. Building her brand through the social media is her thing. Just the facts, man.... just the facts.

Her brand and the WNBA are enterwined. Stuff like interacting with fans on social media and running camps for young girls grows her brand while at the same time promoting the WNBA.

Making her offseason money through through self promotion benefits the league more than being out of sight and out of mind in Russia or Turkey or wherever.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Her brand and the WNBA are enterwined. Stuff like interacting with fans on social media and running camps for young girls grows her brand while at the same time promoting the WNBA.

Making her offseason money through through self promotion benefits the league more than being out of sight and out of mind in Russia or Turkey or wherever.

Exactly, O. Since Reno's so fond of facts, he knows how much a W player makes, how long their career is and that, without one there's not the other. No grudge? Yah, right.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
If she can't play, she can't play. What is she supposed to do? Go out there and play sick to prove a point to message board posters?
I thought that was ETT's point. He's saying that both Diggins and EDD are not playing because they are unable to play, as opposed to them choosing not to play because they are divas. Both players are fierce competitors and will play as soon as they are able.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Do you have a source for this report? All I've been able to find is a day-to-day report and personal observations of a fan at today's game that she participated in warm-ups but looked off.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I thought that was ETT's point. He's saying that both Diggins and EDD are not playing because they are unable to play, as opposed to them choosing not to play because they are divas. Both players are fierce competitors and will play as soon as they are able.

Precisely. Both Diggins and EDD deserve the same benefit of the doubt. Why would Diggins be more suspect of not really being sick?

Diggins couldn't run because she had the runs and might have needed to run to the bathroom. You don't want her out there stinking it up on the court.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Folks around here have a thing about Diggins
Since a coupla years back she led a ND resurgence to a whole lot of wins against us.
Good for her
Fierce competitor.

When she had the ball near the end of a game...she would duck behind a screen, seemingly in slow motion and no one could stop her from draining the shot. Like the way the Scene at the Gym in West Side Story unfolds...things almost came to a standstill, yet there she was, seemingly unopposed.

She got a bit of a come-up-ence in Stewie's first go-off 4 years ago.
Since then she's succeeded in transforming the weaknesses in her game (as evident in her first WNBA season) to positives and was having an all-star sophomore year...
until she got hurt.
Lot of enviable qualities.
She makes the most of her glam potential...good for her.

i'm looking forward to some serious basket-balling from her this season.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Diggins couldn't run because she had the runs and might have needed to run to the bathroom. You don't want her out there stinking it up on the court.
That's when you really need your point guard to control the tempo . . .

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Folks around here have a thing about Diggins
Since a coupla years back she led a ND resurgence to a whole lot of wins against us.
Good for her
Fierce competitor.

When she had the ball near the end of a game...she would duck behind a screen, seemingly in slow motion and no one could stop her from draining the shot. Like the way the Scene at the Gym in West Side Story unfolds...things almost came to a standstill, yet there she was, seemingly unopposed.

She got a bit of a come-up-ence in Stewie's first go-off 4 years ago.
Since then she's succeeded in transforming the weaknesses in her game (as evident in her first WNBA season) to positives and was having an all-star sophomore year...
until she got hurt.
Lot of enviable qualities.
She makes the most of her glam potential...good for her.

i'm looking forward to some serious basket-balling from her this season.
damn bro you mellowed out big time... appreciate that

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I thought ETT was seriously accusing EDD of not actually being sick. I may have missed the point. I definitely think both want to be out there more than anything.

FWIW, it's EDD that has the stomach bug (per Pokey Chatman as quote in the Chicago Tribune). I haven't seen any specific explanation re Skylar -- I assume it's her knee keeping her out.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I need to redo the census to make sure the average age is 64 and not 14.

It's unbelievable that someone would start a thread just to insult a player. I guess I need to repin my post about insulting young women for not coming to UConn but I need to add that we shouldn't insult them because they're really good players, too.

One more time:

STOP STATING YOUR IMPRESSIONS OF SOMEONE'S CHARACTER, THOUGHTS, OR FEELINGS AS FACT. Just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom