Diggins Johnson Springs Time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diggins Johnson Springs Time

Reaction Score
When was the last time SPARTY won 4 titles? Who are they? Inferior team to us today this season..Sick of BY making excuses for the team.
In Sparty game saw Jordan break down the lane WIDE open in offensive set during critical part of game and he didn't get the ball. Whats going on here.Hes not only not in the game but when he is in he's not getting the ball. If this happened when I was coaching that would be an immediate TO and the player who looked at him and didn't get him the ball would be next to me on the bench for a LONG time.
Bottom line is the seniors need to communicate to the team that this losing stops NOW. Get behind by 20 in the first half by not being ready to play then blowing a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go. Under Calhoun there would be HELL to, pay.
Hawkins also lost his dribble and turned it over at a crucial point, just like he did in Auburn game. You could argue he cost us the win in regulation.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Hawkins will be a big time player for UCONN. But he is not ready yet. Let Hurley bring him along. I am sure he, diggings and Samson will get more minutes over the coming weeks

Reaction Score
Today we gave Akok time replacing Whaley. Gaffney has had his chance at the point. Sonogo doesn't pass out of post.
Diggins Johnson and Springs have have all shown they can play. Time to give them some time
Definitely. Over the next two games, I say give Diggins Johnson and Springs a ton of minutes along with The Hawk. Let’s really see what they can really do. Give them some good playing time and experience. The next round of good basketball starts on December 8th.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Diggins will get some minutes soon. Every scouting report on him says he’s got good handles and is a great passer/has good vision. However, he was hurt for a little over a month right before the season so he did miss a lot of practice time. I bet the staff is still getting him up to speed. But it is disappointing that the recruiting pieces on him all said they expect him to make an early impact and so far we’ve only seen him for garbage minutes.

Reaction Score
Please ,all of you , trust Hurley he is the coach. We do need another ball handler. If Diggins is ready Hurley will put him in , if not he will go with the best option available.
Springs and Sampson will get more time ,if and when coach Hurley feels than can contribute more than the players he has in there now.

May I point out we are 4-1 I know we have a few problems but I am more optimistic about this team and this season that I have been since Calhoun was coach.
Not a Coach but I trust my eyes first, not what someone tries to sell me or how things look "on paper". The game and the coaching aspects of it generally speak for themselves. Or maybe I'm just not very trusting of anything. That doesn't mean there isn't room for optimism, just totally not on board with taking the same approach to situations where it isn't and hasn't been working. That's why we have a Coach.

Reaction Score
He’s not good enough
1638324713278.gif

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, Martin in a cast and Sanogo has lower back problems.

Guess that means a 7 man rotation next game.

Reaction Score
And he’s not good enough to play right now, 8 games into his college career
That's different than just saying he isn't good. More like he may not be ready yet. He also missed almost the entire month leading up to the season so it's not like you were going out on a limb.

Reaction Score

This is the most I’ve ever felt like UConn all season. Injury-free-ain’t-to-be!

Reaction Score
That's different than just saying he isn't good. More like he may not be ready yet. He also missed almost the entire month leading up to the season so it's not like you were going out on a limb.
I said he’s not good enough. That’s factual.

I also heard from people who watched practices prior to him getting hurt that he wasn’t ready. I posted about it. You can see it above.

Reaction Score

I also heard from people who watched practices prior to him getting hurt that he wasn’t ready. I posted about it. You can see it above.
What about Samson then? Can’t throw him out there at all? Top 50 recruits can’t play against UMES?

Reaction Score

I also heard from people who watched practices prior to him getting hurt that he wasn’t ready. I posted about it. You can see it

For now? For UConn? See how that can be interpreted two different ways? Now I see what you meant but your original post did not clarify.

Reaction Score
What about Samson then? Can’t throw him out there at all? Top 50 recruits can’t play against UMES?
Dude we almost lost. If we won by 30 and had a comfortable lead both Samson and Diggins and Akok would have played more. But we sucked.

Reaction Score

Inbounding is a problem, as is breaking the press. Sanogo not passing is a problem, as is our offense consisting of just dumping it off to Sanogo in the post or letting Cole create. He simply needs to set up plays to get Hawkins shots and he needs to use our depth and athleticism. This ultra deep team he talked about all preseason isn't very deep at all so far this season.

We're very good but the ceiling is lower if he doesn't let the kids play. I assume he'll start drawing up more stuff for Hawkins but I'm worried he's going to have Diggins and Samson buried on the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom