Didn't we sign a QB prospect from Texas a couple years ago? | The Boneyard

Didn't we sign a QB prospect from Texas a couple years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The kid was like 6'-4" or 6'-5". Not highly rated but had a good HS career.

Is he still on the roster or is my mind failing me?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you'd like a good laugh it was Ol Coach P recruiting Taylor that annoyed him. So good timing with your question.

Reaction Score
If you'd like a good laugh it was Ol Coach P recruiting Taylor that annoyed him. So good timing with your question.
I had no idea -- but occasionally I ask relevant questions by the grace of god.
:)

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

I believe you meant Boyle. No one knew who Taylor was until signing day.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yes sorry in trying to make a joke I crossed their names.

It would take someone with a better memory than I - but the last minute recruits like Taylor seem to be o for.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
While Boyle was the big reason, I think Taylor pushed him over the edge. When they signed Taylor, they made it clear that he wasn't their priority anymore. Sad thing is, I can't even remember the kids name right now nor do I even care to. It's in the past and we're moving on

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
While Boyle was the big reason, I think Taylor pushed him over the edge. When they signed Taylor, they made it clear that he wasn't their priority anymore. Sad thing is, I can't even remember the kids name right now nor do I even care to. It's in the past and we're moving on

My memory ain't what it used to be, but I'm 90% sure that you're correct with that. Lagow was still on board when Boyle was brought into the recruiting class. Lagow had mentioned that he didn't mind the competition, if I recall correctly. But there were grumblings going on. Kivon was the last straw...

Reaction Score
The kid was like 6'-4" or 6'-5". Not highly rated but had a good HS career.

Is he still on the roster or is my mind failing me?

What rock have you been hiding under? Don't you remember the whole saga from a year ago?!?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Lagow was first. Then came Boyle and Taylor.

Then, Lagow got jumpy.

Then, he signed his letter.

Then, he left.

And if he ever has any success at Oklahoma State, I will spend all of my waking hours sending hate mail to P.

Reaction Score
Can't have any sarcasm? Wasn't trying to be harsh. But it was widely talked about forever here. Comments weren't directed at you anyway.

29 posts tells me he doesn't spend a lot of time here. The sarcasm didn't come through.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Lagow was first. Then came Boyle and Taylor.

Then, Lagow got jumpy.

Then, he signed his letter.

Then, he left.

And if he ever has any success at Oklahoma State, I will spend all of my waking hours sending hate mail to P.
FWIW, Lagow is on the OK State 2014 roster as a RS FR but he's one of 5 QBs listed including a JR and FR transfer from Arizona and Northwestern, a SO, and another RS FR. I stayed in touch with him a little until last season was over. He supposedly did pretty well leading the practice squad but it sounds like it'll be tough competition this year to get any playing time.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
He supposedly did pretty well leading the practice squad but it sounds like it'll be tough competition this year to get any playing time.

Competition? I expect we'll see him quit soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom