Did we see this Tina Charles article before? | The Boneyard

Did we see this Tina Charles article before?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Washington Post had an article on Tina on Nov. 5. Sorry if this is a repeat but it’s worth repeating.

This is who Tina Charles is. Instead of just lending her name to a charity event or making a brief appearance, Charles is hands-on for the duration, weather be damned. She donated her WNBA salary to her Hopey’s Heart Foundation to buy automated external defibrillators for years before switching that to covid-19 relief and social justice causes this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Even though I'm in the D.C. area, I hadn't seen it, Nice find, Nan!

Reaction Score
I love and so admire the player and the person that Tina is.

Her good deeds and humility are heartwarming and inspirational. Too few people like that in the world. A wonderful role model.

And I think Tina Charles was Tina Charles all 4 UConn years - she was always a beast (those records weren't built in 2 years!). And I loved those (mostly first 2 years (?)) when she came out to be interviewed after a game and always said hi to her mom first, with her joyful and uplifting smile.

I'd put her on the UConn Mt. Rushmore!

Thank you Nan - wonderful find!!!!

Reaction Score
The Washington Post had an article on Tina on Nov. 5. Sorry if this is a repeat but it’s worth repeating.

This is who Tina Charles is. Instead of just lending her name to a charity event or making a brief appearance, Charles is hands-on for the duration, weather be damned. She donated her WNBA salary to her Hopey’s Heart Foundation to buy automated external defibrillators for years before switching that to covid-19 relief and social justice causes this season.

If you mean have we seen articles about Tina's commitment to charity work, then yes, we have seen (and will continue to see) it before. Thanks for sharing the latest example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom