did we see this coming? | The Boneyard

did we see this coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look, everyone is upset, and so am I. I have some observations to make without singling out players or coaches by name ......just reflecting on what has been said about program every year by people that are paid analysis and know more about the sport than an ambitious fan like me.

Fastest rising 1-A program

low rated recruiting classes year in year out

low rated in terms of offensive production year in year out

a number of athletes with few or no offers from anyone else

defense and special teams score a considerable amout of points the last few years and was responsible for a good portion of wins......good, but can't always count on this for victories

weak OOC schedule......heard this plenty of times..... but beating the weakest of the weak, or the worst of the worst does not do too much to prepare players for stiffer competition

How much of this rings true?

The coaches are trying, and the players are trying, but there is only so much you can do with a certain skill set......

RE got the program to a certain level..... good for him......and maybe he saw this coming and looked to get out of dodge for some time.......I don't believe Maryland was his dream job as he calls it......could have been Georgia Tech, or Notre Dame, or whomever......first offer and he was out.

It is not going to be a small step for PP, or whatever coach took over the reigns from RE, to get the program to the next level.....more like a giant leap. So I'll pass judgement until PP "has his players on board" ........and then look to judge the results more harshly than I am now

I don't believe that with this amount of inexperience in key positions RE would have had different results

UconnWitt

Because Fartman69 was taken.
Reaction Score
You're only as good as the company you keep...we play Buffalo every year. :eek:

Reaction Score
The new coaching staff was handed a bare cupboard at certain positions on the offensive side of the ball. They are not playing with players that they personally targeted. It will take time to correct. I'm in this for the long haul & will ride out the storm.

UconnWitt

Because Fartman69 was taken.
Reaction Score
By that logic the SEC is no better than the Sun Belt.
Please- we're the Big East- our OOC games have to add value to our schedule. Playing FAU and UAB isn't a big deal when Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and South Carolina are next. Oh, and Florida plays Free Shoes University as well...I hate U of F.

Reaction Score
You're only as good as the company you keep...we play Buffalo every year. :eek:

That makes no sense. No one in college football plays more than one solid OOC team.

Reaction Score
Please- we're the Big East- our OOC games have to add value to our schedule. Playing FAU and UAB isn't a big deal when Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and South Carolina are next. Oh, and Florida plays Free Shoes University as well...I hate U of F.

So your solution is to travel twice to places and give them games? Just for the privilege of playing them? Look at how ND stiffed UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom