Did we change the offensive coordinator? | The Boneyard

Did we change the offensive coordinator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where was that offense all season?

We had some dropped balls and some overthrows but at least the plays kept the Bears and me off balance the whole game. We actually passed in the red zone.

It's almost like.. no I can't say it.. yes I will.. that Verducci read the Boneyard and acted accordingly.

Reaction Score
Did we even line up under center once? Who is this team?

Reaction Score
I loved the post in the game thread after BS threw his 2nd pick saying "this is why we don't throw the ball." LOL.

Give the athletes you do have a chance to show what they can do i.e Thomas, Mayala, Beals, Newsome, the TEs should get incorporated a little more but hey today was a start.

Reaction Score
Loved how they mixed it up. Winning while playing like this may further embolden BD. Baby steps I guess.

Reaction Score
I think they're figuring out they are not going to run it for 3.5yds every snap and get a fresh set of downs. Teams simply have refused to respect our passing game and who could blame them. That long run by Arkeel today, was a result of a team having to account for a passing game on early downs. It took half a season, but it could still be a good year for us. 7 wins would be great IMO.

Reaction Score
I loved the post in the game thread after BS threw his 2nd pick saying "this is why we don't throw the ball." LOL.

Give the athletes you do have a chance to show what they can do i.e Thomas, Mayala, Beals, Newsome, the TEs should get incorporated a little more but hey today was a start.
Exactly get the ball in the hands of your playmakers and ironically they make plays

Reaction Score
I couldn't make the game today but I just watched it; a very nice win.

I noted right after the announcers said UCONN had run 12 pass plays and 11 run plays on first down Newsome broke the big run.

It's amazing what happens when the other team doesn't know what play is coming.

Go UCONN!

Reaction Score
The Houston game showed signs of Verducci starting to open up. I would definitely sign up for this for the rest of the year.

This was an extension of what we saw them trying to do vs Houston. Of course it would have been better working this gameplan against Maine, Navy, UVA etc but better late then never. We might have been further along. That said our QB throws a lot of bad balls and hasn't shown the instincts to do this very efficiently. There's still some upside to be had but we might only go so far with him at the helm. I was really hoping Tyler Davis could develop as that tall, strong and mobile QB who could see the field, break down defenses and run if necessary. BS is not my chalkboard QB but he is a tough guy who deserves respect.

This is a painfully slow process and one win against Cincy doesn't get me back on board. But the door is cracked open slightly.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One amazing (and ironic) thing that happened today was for most of the last drive (the FG that got us to 20) a misersable fan near the back of 241 kept yelling "run the damned ball" and "you idiot Diaco, call a running play". Something I never expected to hear at the Rent.

Reaction Score
One amazing (and ironic) thing that happened today was for most of the last drive (the FG that got us to 20) a misersable fan near the back of 241 kept yelling "run the damned ball" and "you idiot Diaco, call a running play". Something I never expected to hear at the Rent.

I thought it was a time to run also. A little over 3 minutes left, first down and UC had 3 timeouts left. Make them use their timeouts and take the points. With 3 it's a 2 score game. In the 2nd half the oline did a great job job moving their dline and opening holes. My guess is they gave BS the option to run or throw. Of course it they score 6 it shuts the door.

Reaction Score
Those guys. If we were running he'd be yelling for him to pass it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Those guys. If we were running he'd be yelling for him to pass it.
I said to the guy next to me "I'll bet earlier in the season he was bitching that we didn't throw it enough".

Reaction Score
No. He's up in front (as is J Money).

The one time I don't use an emoji. ;) Knowing who Bizlaw is, I know he would be one of the last people to be an iron lung kinda guy.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Was a step in the right direction. Would love to see them implement more timing passes to get BS into a better rhythm. A good game to build off of.

Reaction Score

If I didn't know better I'd say my father was sitting back there.

Reaction Score

The issue in the final mins. was UConn was running plays too quickly and not eating up clock. And once they got in position for the put-away field goal (say, inside the 20-25), passing was a much less attractive option.

The issue is pace. Too slow at beginning, just about right after going down 9-0 (that seems to be the best to suit this offense, like 2nd half Navy), then too fast at the end.

It was nice to have the victory formation go from field goal to kneel-down

Reaction Score
The issue in the final mins. was UConn was running plays too quickly and not eating up clock. And once they got in position for the put-away field goal (say, inside the 20-25), passing was a much less attractive option.

The issue is pace. Too slow at beginning, just about right after going down 9-0 (that seems to be the best to suit this offense, like 2nd half Navy), then too fast at the end.

It was nice to have the victory formation go from field goal to kneel-down

On one play there was 20 seconds left on on clock when we ran a play. I was hoping BS would notice and let it run down before snapping the ball. That said, I loved the way we played yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom