Did the RU meltdown create a CR opportunity for us? | The Boneyard

Did the RU meltdown create a CR opportunity for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's good to see that our Athletic Director learned his lessons from the Louisville to the ACC debacle and is hard at work securing us a B1G bid:

ward_dance_1-gif.2669

Well he's consistent you got to give him that.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It's good to see that our Athletic Director learned his lessons from the Louisville to the ACC debacle and is hard at work securing us at B1G bid:

ward_dance_1-gif.2669

Well he's consistent you got to give him that.
God forbid he takes 5 seconds to enjoy one of his teams in the final four. I'm sure we had a big10 invite in hand until he pulled out his hankie

CL82

Reaction Score
Lighten up. If you can't laugh at a 300lb rock star doing the hanky dance, you really take all this stuff far too seriously.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks its a good thing the dude is capable of having a good time and that he is comfortable being around our athletes? The team is in the FF, in NOLA - what would you do exactly?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
To the point of the thread title... If anything RU has found a new way to pull us down. The egg they are leaving on the B1G's face is sure to make them pump the brakes on their next add if they are planning one. B1G expansion is our lifeline to the ACC and I doubt they are getting the warm fuzzy's about Rutgers and Maryland at this point. Even if the bottom line is looking like they want it to, the PR has not been successful thus far.

CL82

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks its a good thing the dude is capable of having a good time and that he is comfortable being around our athletes? The team is in the FF, in NOLA - what would you do exactly?
Probably the same thing minus the hanky. I am the only one who finds this clip to be hysterical?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lighten up. If you can't laugh at a 300lb rock star doing the hanky dance, you really take all this stuff far too seriously.

Nah, your post is stalkeresque.

CL82

Reaction Score
Nah, your post is stalkeresque.
Not so much, but I guess it was a fail based on the reception here.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
To the point of the thread title... If anything RU has found a new way to pull us down. The egg they are leaving on the B1G's face is sure to make them pump the brakes on their next add if they are planning one. B1G expansion is our lifeline to the ACC and I doubt they are getting the warm fuzzy's about Rutgers and Maryland at this point. Even if the bottom line is looking like they want it to, the PR has not been successful thus far.
Probably very little effect, but I can imagine that during the debate to add Rutgers, any president who championed and favored them has the egg on their face. Presidents who where against expansion or against adding RU, feel vindicated and emboldened going forward. By some chance someone favored UConn over RU, they too will feel emboldened, and that I see as a positive going forward. Otherwise, there is no effect whatsoever.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Probably very little effect, but I can imagine that during the debate to add Rutgers, any president who championed and favored them has the egg on their face. Presidents who where against expansion or against adding RU, feel vindicated and emboldened going forward. By some chance someone favored UConn over RU, they too will feel emboldened, and that I see as a positive going forward. Otherwise, there is no effect whatsoever.

You walk into the kitchen and you see a plate of muffins on the counter. You occasionally think of Muffins but your not a Muffin fan per se. But your a bit hungry, not starving, but you could eat. You have your choice of the blueberry or the chocolate chip muffin. You go with the Chocolate chip. You take a bite and inside its frozen and its not chocolate at all, its actually .

Now you mean to tell me you are going to look at that same plate of muffins that you could take or leave 5 min ago and say, I can't believe I didn't go with the blueberry, and reach for it?

Hell no, you are going to say F those muffins and leave.

We're 'n blueberry.

Reaction Score
You walk into the kitchen and you see a plate of muffins on the counter. You occasionally think of Muffins but your not a Muffin fan per se. But your a bit hungry, not starving, but you could eat. You have your choice of the blueberry or the chocolate chip muffin. You go with the Chocolate chip. You take a bite and inside its frozen and its not chocolate at all, its actually .

Now you mean to tell me you are going to look at that same plate of muffins that you could take or leave 5 min ago and say, I can't believe I didn't go with the blueberry, and reach for it?

Hell no, you are going to say F those muffins and leave.

We're 'n blueberry.

Not if you are hungry and you have a feeling someone else will come along and eat it.

You think because of RU, CR stops? It moves forward with more caution( i.e. use your nose, in your sh$tty example). This blunder by the B1G (if you want to call it that) has little effect in the grand scheme of things.

And another thing, we are not blueberry. Use an example we can relate to; use donuts damn it. :D

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Blueberry donuts can be quite tasty, you know...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
This post as titled makes no sense to the fatboy video.

Reaction Score
Actually you go with the fresh plate of award winning muffins, not the stale ones that have been stinking up the cabinet since the mid-80's.

CL82

Reaction Score
This post as titled makes no sense to the fatboy video.
Yep, I agree. Just trying to set up a funny clip from the linked video and with an over top post it fell flat. Meh, win some, lose some.
WM is home... born in New Orleans. Bet he's having a blast!
I wondered about that, since he seemed right at home with the whole hanky thing.

Reaction Score
WM is home... born in New Orleans. Bet he's having a blast!

I wondered about that, since he seemed right at home with the whole hanky thing.

DRussNBC9:35am via Twitter for iPhone
UC AD Warde Manuel playing tour guide for @NBCConnecticut. This man loves his city! #Nola #Final4

DRussNBC10:18am via Twitter for iPhone
Warde on the #nola food "As you can tell I like to eat, I was taller than my mama at 9 so she said you are gonna cook!" #Nola

DRussNBC10:38am via Camera on iOS
This is a levee that broke during Katrina. It completely took out Warde Manuel's home. His parents survived it. pic.twitter.com/ZMPvyMrSH1

DRussNBC 4:01pm via Twitter for iPhone
This should pump you up if you didn't think UConn had a leader. #UConn
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-on/Warde-Tours-Nola/201845131

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Guess Warde can't wait for an annual trip to NOLA when we play Tulane.....whoopty doo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom