Did someone say UConn is participating in the Virgin Island tournament next year? | The Boneyard

Did someone say UConn is participating in the Virgin Island tournament next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Speaking of Tournaments. Anyone know if they will ever do the Gulf Coast Tournament again?

Reaction Score
Speaking of Tournaments. Anyone know if they will ever do the Gulf Coast Tournament again?
IIRC Geno said he loved it and hopes to be invited back. I think there's an 'every four years' limit or something like that.

Reaction Score
I was hoping they were going back to Italy---those trips for the team were interesting and created bonds that held for the year.

Reaction Score
IIRC Geno said he loved it and hopes to be invited back. I think there's an 'every four years' limit or something like that.
I hope that is the case. I think it was 2013 that I went to it so, that means UConn is eligible this coming year.

Reaction Score
I hope that is the case. I think it was 2013 that I went to it so, that means UConn is eligible this coming year.
Pretty sure that was the case, and I believe it was expressed that the feeling was mutual - UConn's participation helped the Gulf Coast thing be a very well attended and successful event.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Pretty sure that was the case, and I believe it was expressed that the feeling was mutual - UConn's participation helped the Gulf Coast thing be a very well attended and successful event.
2014 for UConn's last participation. But I'm not sure if that particular tourney is every 4 years. I know some are.

So far as I know off the top of my head, the NCAA does not permit participation in the same (more than 2 game) tourney 2 years in a row - or, at least, you don't get the exemption for the extra game. I know foreign tours are every 4 years. Perhaps someone has more detail about other tournament participation.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am sorry they haven't done another European trip, but as i recall there is an issue with freshman not being allowed to do the preseason foreign trips, so it is a little weird if you have incoming freshmen being left behind. I suspect the holiday tournaments which seem to have expanded in the last ten years may be replacing the foreign trips for uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom