Did our Huskies do anything right tonight? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did our Huskies do anything right tonight?

Reaction Score
Clingan was the sole bright spot in this game. Even Hurley admitted that coaching, pre-game preparation and scouting were all poor as was effort during the game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was stunned STUNNED to see we actually won the rebound battle as it felt like Seton Hall didn’t miss and if they did they tipped it in

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Clingan was the sole bright spot in this game. Even Hurley admitted that coaching, pre-game preparation and scouting were all poor as was effort during the game.
For three straight years Kadary has done the same exact stuff to us. Keeping him out of the paint needed to be prepared for and executed

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We lead 20-10, so we did something good to get to that point. From there on it all went FUBAR. If we learn from it and come back better, by season's end we won't even care that it happened.

Reaction Score
I know people think we played like . It’s the player not the uniform. But lord knows I hate the black uniforms.

They clash against the black Prudential Center seats and the dark lighting. Seton Hall deserves credit for having active hands.

But I still think the black uniforms are annoying to play in.

I still love the Big East.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The whole evening was a real stinker. They looked slow and disinterested on both ends. Before writing it off as an off night, I want to see them defeat this extended ball pressure that has stunted the offense for parts of 3 games now.

SH dared us to drive past their defenders and stop their guys from getting to the rim and we blinked at both ends.

There were also plenty of mistakes, from bad passes to not getting as open as we have been, but stopping the ball and driving past defenders is looking like a trend that opponents will keep until we show we can beat it.

Reaction Score
The whole evening was a real stinker. They looked slow and disinterested on both ends. Before writing it off as an off night, I want to see them defeat this extended ball pressure that has stunted the offense for parts of 3 games now.

SH dared us to drive past their defenders and stop their guys from getting to the rim and we blinked at both ends.

There were also plenty of mistakes, from bad passes to not getting as open as we have been, but stopping the ball and driving past defenders is looking like a trend that opponents will keep until we show we can beat it.
They need to make teams pay for pressing them by getting the ball quickly, after crossing half court, into the paint or in the hands of our shooters near or beyond the arc. Either score quickly and/or draw fouls or knock down some open dagger 3s.

Rarely did they make the Pirates pay for pressing us. If they committed 3 players in the back court to apply pressure, UConn had 3 to their 2 in the front court. Knowing Hurley, he'll have them better prepared to make teams pay for pressuring them.

Reaction Score

The "slow" aspect is what was really eye-opening to me. Seton Hall was much quicker and more athletic than us. Karaban, Newton, and Spencer are below average athletes and all three were exposed 1v1.

Reaction Score
It's a toss up to say which loss to SH was worse , last year's giving up 17 down the stretch or getting handled like today and having DC hurt.
From a coaching perspective getting handled rather than a collapse in a short span is more concerning . Any team can have a 5-7 minute dry spell.and any team can get hot and when they both happen at the same time no lead is safe.
But remember s middling St John’s team simply put it too us on our own floor and even a pretty bad Georgetown team outplayed us most of the game until the Joey C heroics . Both issues need to be addressed .,

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
An eye opening performance to say the least. On to St John’s.

Reaction Score
I am afraid it is a buleprint to beat us. Others are foaming at the mouth over this beating. Others have taken it to the hoop easily over the past couplie of years, but not as bad.
Your telling me that Texas, UNC, Kansas (we were two inches from winning), UNC and Gonzaga all somehow missed this blueprint to beating us comfortably...but four loss Seton Hall somehow cracked the code? This game was so insane I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it. It is so similar to that game at the Dunk last year, and many in that January swoon where suddenly teams had free reign to the hoop and our entire starting lineup finds themselves foul trouble. I just hope Clingan is healthy, and Hurley has a quicker solution than last year.

Reaction Score
For three straight years Kadary has done the same exact stuff to us. Keeping him out of the paint needed to be prepared for and executed
Kadary is a problem for sure, but he shot under 50%. The more telling stat is that he had 8 steals. Our execution on offense was definitely not there and it gave them a ton of confidence. When you're turning the ball over, shooting 19% from 3, in foul trouble, it's going to be very hard to win games.

Reaction Score
I was stunned STUNNED to see we actually won the rebound battle as it felt like Seton Hall didn’t miss and if they did they tipped it in
Really? Huskies were killing them on the offensive boards for most of the game. There were many possessions in the first half where they got 2-4 shots on each possession.

Reaction Score
We got like 12 offensive rebounds in 3 possessions, and got crushed the rest of the game.

Reaction Score
long season ahead and they need to learn their lessons. hope they learned they just aren’t that good that they can just show up and have a W handed to them. In terms of team weaknesses, what I see and have seen are:
1. We have a real problem behind Clingan and he can’t go 40 minutes.
2. We are a step slower team than last year and not as athletic, and it shows on M2M D and contested boards.

You beat us with speed and inside penetration, and when Clingan is out you put a body on Samson and push him out of position and crash the boards because there is no real power forward that iis going to help control the glass. Big problem.

Reaction Score
With all the talk of which players on our team cannot guard chairs, I wanted to see AI tackle the idea of a team of chairs, but the results were underwhelming.

1703229238628.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom