Did our Huskies do anything right tonight? | The Boneyard

Did our Huskies do anything right tonight?

Reaction Score
Well early on and at the start of the second half they did find Clingan, but apart from that, they s*cked at all aspects of the game. Just about every player played poorly. Count this as a wakeup call and fodder for Hurley to get their attention.

I hope DC is okay. The one deficiency they should have addressed via the portal was add a big physical backup 5 who can play solid D. SJ has been playing well, but tonight was his worst game. We need solid backup play in the post. What if DC is out for a while or in early foul trouble? Clingan getting in early foul trouble in the tournament could halt our drive to repeat.

Let's hope tonight was an anomaly and not a blueprint to beat us.

Tonight might have been the worst all around game I can remember from a very good UConn team, and we've seen some stinkers. Seemed after that clock issue where they were given just 2 seconds, which was a BS clock reset, the whole team began to s*ck at everything.

And I was si looking forward to tonight's game.

Reaction Score

Yeah, that makes two of us. And this wasn't even a hostile crowd. Sounded like the Seton Hall fans were asleep. Reminded me of the SJU game last year. It was just a Seton Hall layup line. If you can't beat Seton Hall on the road, good lord, the Big East road schedule is going to be rough

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I’m chalking it up to Big East play.
It’s unique and was an unwelcomed punch to
the gut that it’s where they are now and adjust and deal with the conference play portion of the season.

Reaction Score
Well early on and at the start of the second half they did find Clingan, but apart from that, they s*cked at all aspects of the game. Just about every player played poorly. Count this as a wakeup call and fodder for Hurley to get their attention.

I hope DC is okay. The one deficiency they should have addressed via the portal was add a big physical backup 5 who can play solid D. SJ has been playing well, but tonight was his worst game. We need solid backup play in the post. What if DC is out for a while or in early foul trouble? Clingan getting in early foul trouble in the tournament could halt our drive to repeat.

Tonight might have been the worst all around game I can remember from a very good UConn team, and we've seen some stinkers. Seemed after that clock issue where they were given just 2 seconds, which was a BS clock reset, the whole team began to s*ck at everything.

No

Reaction Score
If I must point out something they did right tonight, then it would have to be that I noticed they excelled at watching Seton Hall execute their layup drill while standing still and not fouling. They did manage to prevent Seton Hall from taking east threes.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
We had momentum when the score was 20-10 and Hurley decided to sub and they lost all momentum. I was literally yelling at my television at that point.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Well, we did lose @SH last year and got an NC. But yeah, the BE road schedule will be rough. It always is.
It's a toss up to say which loss to SH was worse , last year's giving up 17 down the stretch or getting handled like today and having DC hurt.

Reaction Score
Just really frustrating, borderline predictable based on our trends in conference play from last season.
Also which one of you got ejected from the arena in section 19? Lol

Reaction Score

I’d say it’s less about SJ (albeit wasn’t great tonight) than the team not being that big / strong without DC. We have big guards but not particularly powerful otherwise.

Reaction Score
We lack some beef down low.
Clingan is big but we need another big who is a wall to compliment him.

Also would someone give a HARD foul
or two to these guys in the lay up line not these reaching fouls.
We got pushed around tonight and other teams are going to do the same.

Reaction Score
I can't think of much we did right.

They really neutralized Alex, Spender and Newton. Diarra was Bad Diarra. They extended the D out and took away our usual flow around the arc and we didn't attack the basket enough. Just a really bad effort all around and I would not want to be at practice tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Richmond had 8 steals, but we did a good job containing the rest of their defense and holding everyone else to only 3.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
You know I just think Seton Hall is tough for Danny. I mean this is the team he grew up watching and then playing for and then over coming a great life challenge. So it is bad karma. We will be ok but tonight we looked like an average team. It’s funny because before DC got hurt and he would get the ball on the block we stopped moving and started watching. I guess credit to their defense but we seemed way out of sync offensively. Castle needs to understand that he is playing with men and casual will not cut it. I say that about a few of the passes he made. At this level a good passer makes the defense think he is passing somewhere other than he is. Tonight we did not pass our defense was poor and it was collective but AK, Cam and TN stood out as not being in the game defensively. We have to stay in front of our man and understand angles better on defense. But I was worried about this game all week. So my son got more upset than I did. I will be honest I turned it off with 2 minutes left. It was getting hard to watch. But we were bad enough that it tough to pick the reasons why. Some closing thoughts:
1) how bad is DC hurt. It did not look like an ankle to me. Not the way he went down. Usually you hop once or twice, he crumbled. But I know how the board gets on injuries. I hope I am wrong but that was a weird ankle injury. And I am talking about how he reacted when it happened.
2) we need AK to play better. His defense tonight was a problem, plus he never gets the benefit of the calls. When he is hitting shots some of his defense liabilities we can play through but right now……well at least he rebounded well tonight.
3) castle where are you. Hope he is healthy as I describe it as casual above but it may be tentative. However you can see flashes of oh my goodness, his injury set him back he won’t be right until mid January as he catches up. Please may Stewart find a way to get on the court.
4) without playing Stewart and Ross we lack athleticism and that showed tonight.

No panic but how good can we be without DC for a month?

Reaction Score
Welcome back to conference play. That was shocking. Now I know they are not invincible. Really thought this team was gonna roll. But that’s college hoops for ya.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We didn't get any technicals
Well maybe at one point it would have been ok but we just got outplayed. Better to save them for when they will mean more. But TN had his back jumped on actually had a player jump on his back and the grey haired official just pretended it did not happen. Not sure who he is but combined with our choice of uniform going to Hurley’s hometown and the grey haired ref bad mojo……Just needed a black cat and few mirrors to break and ladders to walk under.

Reaction Score
We make Richmond look like a superhero every time we play them. He’s no doubt a good player, but my gosh, there has to be a way to gameplan. The staff has gotten almost everything right from March on, but they whiffed here.

Reaction Score
Clingan was good but only played 14 minutes, the rest of the team was putrid on both sides of the ball. This won't calm the concerns of the people who worry about the team dealing with physical guards who can drive and people who worry about the team when Clingan is sitting.

I kind of just view it as one of those awful throw away games we have every season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I kind of just view it as one of those awful throw away games we have every season.
This is where I’m at. I’ll start worrying when we’ve lost 3-4 in a row. This staff and our players have given us plenty of reason to be optimistic about the season so far, there’s always bumps in the road, unless the team is historically great.

Reaction Score
We lost our 3 best defenders from last year's team. It showed tonight. It will take time for the team to get used to the BE physical style of play.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

I am afraid it is a buleprint to beat us. Others are foaming at the mouth over this beating. Others have taken it to the hoop easily over the past couplie of years, but not as bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom