Did Newton commit? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Did Newton commit?

Reaction Score
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Fig Newton comment was intentional... looking forward to good news tomorrow.
Ha, ya think?

That will be nice but we need a lot more after.

Reaction Score
Slater is killing me.... Why did he have to say have a *** newton, like he has to be giving it away this time, was perplexed by the last one but this feels more on the nose

Reaction Score
Anyone else think Newton’s 3 point shooting is an issue? Just can’t have another subpar deep threat with AJ on the floor.
You can’t leave him alone shoot from 3 or he will make you pay unlike Jackson or Whaley. Also Cole shot 33.9 percent last season and Newton 33.3.

Reaction Score
Anyone else think Newton’s 3 point shooting is an issue? Just can’t have another subpar deep threat with AJ on the floor.
I have 2 main thoughts about it.

1) I think at his free throw % (career 85% on over 300 attempts), it's difficult to shoot much worse over an extended period, which makes me think it's predominately things like shot selection and having to force offense because of bad teammates. Those 2 things are fixable for the former and inevitable if he comes here for the latter.

2) Sometimes just number of attempts will tell you how good a shooter is. If he's taking that many and not getting benched, that means both and his coach are confident in his ability. Newton took 144 last year, almost 5 a game. Whaley and Jackson took about 60 total each, 2 a game. They're not confident shooters because their true ability is less and they know it. So attempts can tell me how good a shooter thinks he is, which sometimes can be more predictive than the amount they actually make over smaller samples.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Fig Newton comment was intentional... looking forward to good news tomorrow.
The problem is, for us, his commitment announcement will not be "news". We all think we know it already. So it won't make us feel any better if he commits. If he doesn't commit... well, let's just hope he commits.

Reaction Score
2AEA3928-875B-499F-86DF-6245ECE0EF9E.jpeg

Reaction Score
He’s obviously not worried, which is what I thought from the beginning. I think everyone is wrong and he’s knows exactly what he is doing. Just imagine Castle, Newton and Yoing replacing who left. There’s no comparison. Forget about talent, like that guy said. Try and compare each players mentality. The three who left here aren’t even on the same level of the guys that may be here. Put those guys with who we have and look out!

Reaction Score
Slater? He is the most plugged in person regaurding recruiting, period. I cant remember the last time he was wrong.
He intentionally only speaks on pretty much guarantees.

His rivals ratio is always like 76/78

Reaction Score
Well SMU's Kendric Davis just entered the portal too, and he's better then all of the aforementioned names in this thread.

19.4 points 4.4 assists and 3.8 rebounds per game

Reaction Score
Not when the actual threads get hijacked to debate which corner of remote Vermont is colder
Yeah but have we ever had a commitment from a recruit or transfer that wasn't announced in its own thread? I can't think of any.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom