Did NCAA Tournament boost UConn players' NBA Draft stock? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did NCAA Tournament boost UConn players' NBA Draft stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hot take. If we lost to Iona only Hawk would have declared. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves and all of us.
Yep. I do agree that sanogo would've left. But this board and their opinions on these players, including myself, would've been way different if we lost in the 1st rd.
Mere weeks before the tourney there were multiple posts calling for AJax and Sanogo to move down the bench and Newton was called a liability.

The tourney swayed us all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been told from sportswriters that they don't typically write the headlines to their articles. So maybe that's not from Borges.

I have also heard that Bleacher Report and similar outlets would come up with the headline first, or at least an algorithm would and they are supposed to fit their piece towards an antagonistic viewpoint.

Reaction Score
Anyone with insider info know if Newton is close to announcing he's coming back??

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hot take. If we lost to Iona only Hawk would have declared. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves and all of us.
Sanogo was definitely gone no matter what.
Right there's a hot take that cooled off in a hurry. And 429, I don't think you are lying to me or yourself.

Reaction Score
Right there's a hot take that cooled off in a hurry. And 429, I don't think you are lying to me or yourself.

This is something I have heard from a good source was well-known before the season. It's not even a "take" of any kind. The plan was to put Sanogo in a position to succeed this season so he can go pro all along.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Of course it did. Hawkins may have moved into the lottery. I believe Sanogo is going to get his chance as a second round pick. Jackson and Newton would not even be testing the draft waters without their sensational tournament runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom