Did Lou receive a head butt against Q? | The Boneyard

Did Lou receive a head butt against Q?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
In the 1st quarter at about the 7:40 mark, it looked like Lou got head butted in the chin as McClure was backing into her with the ball. Lou grabbed her chin immediately and then afterwards she was moving her jaw as if it was hurting. Was this ever mentioned? I guess it's just another example of Lou taking one for the team.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
In the 1st quarter at about the 7:40 mark, it looked like Lou got head butted in the chin as McClure was backing into her with the ball. Lou grabbed her chin immediately and then afterwards she was moving her jaw as if it was hurting. Was this ever mentioned? I guess it's just another example of Lou taking one for the team.
I saw that as well. Its amazing the beating she takes as she doesn't shy away from contact.

Reaction Score
Lou's face is a magnet for elbows, heads (in this case), forearms, shoulders, etc. Really quite unique. Echoing HoopsFan21, good thing Lou is made of pretty tough material!!!

Reaction Score

I noticed that too, though I didnt see the contact. The camera was on her as she rubbed her chin several times as she went down the court, but the announcers never commented on it so the incident (whatever it was) never got played back. That was only one of several times they were talking about something besides what was happening on the court.

Reaction Score
Lou's face is a magnet for elbows, heads (in this case), forearms, shoulders, etc. Really quite unique. Echoing HoopsFan21, good thing Lou is made of pretty tough material!!!
Lou is tough but I think she also has to find a way to be more offensive-minded in a game like that. She shot 60 % from the field and took only 5 shots. She can almost be too unselfish. Q played her tough but they aren’t that athletic. Pheesa and Z scored inside but, as competition gets better and the bigs get tougher, Lou will need to want the ball. She can shoot off the dribble as well as drive to the basket.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Lou is tough but I think she also has to find a way to be more offensive-minded in a game like that. She shot 60 % from the field and took only 5 shots. She can almost be too unselfish. Q played her tough but they aren’t that athletic. Pheesa and Z scored inside but, as competition gets better and the bigs get tougher, Lou will need to want the ball. She can shoot off the dribble as well as drive to the basket.

Its take what the defense gives you. Lou was the decoy last night, so to speak. Quinnipiac was determined to take Lou of the picture. Good plan if you only have to limit 2 scorers. But we have more. Covering Lou left Pheesa, Z and Kia to bring havoc. The same will happen to other teams. Next time it may be Pheesa a team wants to eliminate. Lou will get her share, don't worry.

Reaction Score
Basketball is a contact sport. You get hit and bumped, and hit and bump the other team, it’s part of the game. The key is to do on to others before they do on to you.

Reaction Score
The box score has Lou with no assists. That's wrong. There was a pass that Kara mentioned where she used her left hand to pass it underneath the basket for a 2. The statisticians need to get there *&%$ together.

Reaction Score
Its take what the defense gives you. Lou was the decoy last night, so to speak. Quinnipiac was determined to take Lou of the picture. Good plan if you only have to limit 2 scorers. But we have more. Covering Lou left Pheesa, Z and Kia to bring havoc. The same will happen to other teams. Next time it may be Pheesa a team wants to eliminate. Lou will get her share, don't worry.
It would be nice if Gabby could score in other ways besides layups. This team becomes almost impossible to guard if she can consistently knock down the foul line jumper. You know the bigger more physical teams are going to clog the paint and dare players like Gabby who can only score at the rim to try and drive the lane.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

What I saw was Lou swinging her chin wildly from side to side until it deliberately made contact with the head in front of her. They checked the tape and gave Lou an unsportsman like chin warning. She controlled her chin from that point forward.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
In the interest of fairness, shouldn't this thread at least mention Batouly's inadvertent elbow to the nose of the Q player near the end of the game? It was reivewed and called a common foul, but the player had to leave the floor. Stuff happens on a basketball court, and it doesn't mean that anyone is necessarily a villain.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
In the interest of fairness, shouldn't this thread at least mention Batouly's inadvertent elbow to the nose of the Q player near the end of the game? It was reivewed and called a common foul, but the player had to leave the floor. Stuff happens on a basketball court, and it doesn't mean that anyone is necessarily a villain.
I am sorry, did my OP mention anything about someone being a villain? I was only wondering 1) did others see the same thing and 2) was it mentioned i.e., post game...Head bang
And you just mentioned Batouly's elbow...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Agree wholeheartedly! She sure can be too unselfish and as you said she needs to want the ball and not just to shoot a three. She is as good a passer as she is a shooter, so having the ball in her hand when she's facing the basket (not just moving it around the periphery) is essential as she is as much the point forward, as CD is the point guard, and Gabby the point center. Amazing to have three points but as Geno has said numerous times Lou is critical to their offense.
It drives me nuts when she seems to get lost for possession after possession, and minutes at a time.
Thanks again for your right on post!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
It would be nice if Gabby could score in other ways besides layups. This team becomes almost impossible to guard if she can consistently knock down the foul line jumper. You know the bigger more physical teams are going to clog the paint and dare players like Gabby who can only score at the rim to try and drive the lane.
I agree with the first part of your post. The bigger teams can not clog the paint because our outside shooting will destroy them. The bigs are also challenged in guarding Gabby anywhere outside the paint because she will drive right past them. If anything, they will dare her to shoot the ball from mid-range.

Reaction Score
Agree wholeheartedly! She sure can be too unselfish and as you said she needs to want the ball and not just to shoot a three. She is as good a passer as she is a shooter, so having the ball in her hand when she's facing the basket (not just moving it around the periphery) is essential as she is as much the point forward, as CD is the point guard, and Gabby the point center. Amazing to have three points but as Geno has said numerous times Lou is critical to their offense.
It drives me nuts when she seems to get lost for possession after possession, and minutes at a time.
Thanks again for your right on post!
Bronx23
Agree 100%. I also wish she would post these much smaller guards if playing man against her... She may not be Pheesa on the block but she can be pretty efficient down low but because we have Pheesa, Gabby and Z she normally is not given the ball there.

Reaction Score
I saw this, and went back and watched it again on the replay at least three times. It happened so fast that it was difficult to see.

Basically, Lou dropped down to guard McClure (?) who was backing Lou down. As McLure dribbled and her head came up slightly, Lou was in a somewhat crouched forward position and hit the point of her chin on the back of McClure’s head.

You couldn’t really see the contact, given the camera angle. McClure’s head was in the foreground.

If you have ever hit your chin that way, it really hurts the jaw hinge area. That’s what I think she was reacting to.

Nothing Malicious or improper on either part. Contact in a contact sport.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
And how is this remotely related to the OP concerning what appeared to me to be a head butt to Lou's chin????:rolleyes: Head bang

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
What I saw was Lou swinging her chin wildly from side to side until it deliberately made contact with the head in front of her. They checked the tape and gave Lou an unsportsman like chin warning. She controlled her chin from that point forward.

And another broken sarcasm detector, needle pegged at max, won't come back. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom