OT: - Did I miss The Bonfire? | The Boneyard

OT: Did I miss The Bonfire?

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
Hoping not to jinx myself by pointing this out, but personally I think the team has looked absolutely inspiring playing in their Home Whites at the Atlantis Bahamas, Prudential Center, Mohegan Sun, and XL Center. In fact, I wouldn’t be heartbroken if those dishwater-gray “neutral court” uniforms were to go 0-for-the-season in appearances this year. Does anyone know if there’s been any sort of official pronouncement regarding their status? Fingers crossed….;)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm with you: I think the home whites look absolutely great.

I'm under the impression that the grays have some historical basis. Whatever the basis, I support dropping it!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nan? Biff? JS? Historical basis?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Nan? Biff? JS? Historical basis?
I am far from an expert but as far as I know the only historical basis for the gray uniforms is that Nike likes to make money. They went on a big campaign a few years ago making a big show of providing gray unis to all their teams. Many of the young non-traditionalists like it. Many traditionalist do not like it at all. Nike likes it because the more variety of unis they can establish means more potential sales of merch to the fan base. To me the grey, the black it's all about Nike making money. but I repeat, I am far from an expert.

sun

Reaction Score
Georgetown's home uniforms have usually been gray since 1982 because its school colors are grey and blue.
So seeing the Huskies wear grey makes them look like they're imitating Georgetown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom