Did I miss something? | The Boneyard

Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder about the media.

Although the defending national champions are ready to start the season, Jim Calhoun won't be with them.
The Basketball Hall of Famer will begin his three-game suspension in the wake of recruiting violations Friday night when the fourth-ranked Huskies host Columbia at Gampel Pavilion.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/preview?gameId=313150041

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Wow, didn't realize we are starting the BE games on Friday

Reaction Score
The older I get the faster the time flies by. We're already into Big East play and just a few days ago it felt like we were playing scrub teams in exhibition games.

Reaction Score
Just ESPN taking another opportunity to take a shot at Calhoun and the Big East. All part of their master plan. You know that this article will be rehashed just before the St Johns game! If there is any place that I wish still was without power, it would be the Bristol campus of the World Wide Leader!

Reaction Score
From the comments sections of the article, what?

bryanpv

Calhoun won't sit out this game, he's been banned for the first three BIG EAST games, not the first three games of the season.

User ID:http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/bryanpv

50 Minutes Ago

Quad 2

Read the preview
Although the defending national champions are ready to start the season, Jim Calhoun won't be with them.

The Basketball Hall of Famer will begin his three-game suspension in the wake of recruiting violations Friday night when the fourth-ranked Huskies host Columbia at Gampel Pavilion.

Reaction Score
It amazes me, every single day I read something that the media gets wrong. Hard to believe these people get paid, not too many jobs where you can f8ck up constantly with no repercussions.

Reaction Score
WOW! How can they be that stupid and allow this to be uploaded to the website. Its an embarrassment that "the worldwide leader is sports" cant get the story right from a university 45 minutes from their headquarters.

Reaction Score
ESPN hates us. They also helped dismantle the BE- getting their facts wrong for the sake of taking a shot at JC is not even worth mentioning at this point- it is a long long list at this point.

Reaction Score
Da hooper they joined the BE last night, best we could get. it was either high point, Columbia, or Skidmore College

Reaction Score
ESPN hates us. They also helped dismantle the BE- getting their facts wrong for the sake of taking a shot at JC is not even worth mentioning at this point- it is a long long list at this point.

I dont even care about the hate anymore im used to it, bring it on.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder about the media.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/preview?gameId=313150041
The Knuckleheads at CBS Sports posted the same article. So much for research!

Reaction Score
The Knuckleheads at CBS Sports posted the same article. So much for research!
as did the losers at yahoo -

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If a player making errors he gets pulled by a coach. If a coach makes errors he gets fired or faces infractions. But the media can make errors and not have consequences.

This story is bigger at the start of the season than it would be in mid season, unless UConn is at the top or near the top of the rankings. So they went with it. And they will go with it again.

It's about creating news and we love negativity. With all the recent scandals, people are focused on dirt. So they are not interested in accuracy. They are interested in ratings.

Reaction Score
Bobby Knight once had quote that stated "Sports media is one step ahead of prostitution"

Reaction Score
These previews are usually done by the AP. Looks like it was updated.

Reaction Score
Yeah, they updated it, but of course they had to begin the article with some JC bashing. Just more motivational fodder for the coaches and players. As much as I just wish all this negative stuff would blow over, I don't mind reading about it all the way till the very beginning of April. That being the case, UConn would be defending their National Title and hopefully cutting down the nets. One would think that would shut some people up, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom