Did Bouk set a UConn record yesterday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did Bouk set a UConn record yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
While it was against lesser competition, Boston U I think or Colgate. Wes Bialosukina scored 50 in a game and he was UConn’s best long range shooter ever and before the 3 point shot existed. Bill Corley broke his record in what was kind of a travesty. Corley scored something like 24 points in the last 5-6 minutes against a terrible New Hampshire team that couldn’t stop lay up after layup and that’s 24 points with no shot clock . His coach purposely set him up to break the record. He was a very good player, but he probably should have been out of the game before he had 30 points. I don’t know what % of the team total Bialosuknia had. Corley might not have had as high a % as Bouk had because UConn probably had over 100 against New Hampshire.

Reaction Score
While it was against lesser competition, Boston U I think or Colgate. Wes Bialosukina scored 50 in a game and he was UConn’s best long range shooter ever and before the 3 point shot existed. Bill Corley broke his record in what was kind of a travesty. Corley scored something like 24 points in the last 5-6 minutes against a terrible New Hampshire team that couldn’t stop lay up after layup and that’s 24 points with no shot clock . His coach purposely set him up to break the record. He was a very good player, but he probably should have been out of the game before he had 30 points. I don’t know what % of the team total Bialosuknia had. Corley might not have had as high a % as Bouk had because UConn probably had over 100 against New Hampshire.

It looks like Bouk had a higher percentage of game points.

I was at that game. Corley had a lot of missed foul shots in the last few minutes so he could have scored more.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

It looks like Bouk had a higher percentage of game points.

I was at that game. Corley had a lot of missed foul shots in the last few minutes so he could have scored more.
Looked it up. Wes B. game was against Maine. The team scored 109 so his % was less than Bouk. The remarkable thing about Wes and I guess Corley is that there was no shot clock so theoretically there might be fewer possessions. Of course Wes score 50 with no 3 point line and he made a lot of shots from 3 point range. In a way that’s neither here nor there because he probably would’ve been guarded differently. He was also probably the best foul shooter in school history. But Bouk is clearly a much better athlete, 3 inches taller and has more variety to his scoring if not so reliable from deep as Wes.

Wes, who was in my class, scored 30 or more 17 times and averaged over 28 a game as a senior.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Some people aren't going to like this but Bouknight goes at the basket like Jordan. He gets up higher then everyone else and he does not shy away from contact.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Some people aren't going to like this but Bouknight goes at the basket like Jordan. He gets up higher then everyone else and he does not shy away from contact.
I see no problem with this. Bouk is a glider. He's a great athlete that can get to the cup off of one or two in the most creative of ways. He is no Jordan, but his game certainly has Jordanesque elements.

By the way, anyone know Bouk's vertical?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69