Did anything really happen to KLS? | The Boneyard

Did anything really happen to KLS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
During the Colgate game last night, the camera cut away and started showing KLS on the floor with some sign of pain. Then they said something about her under the weather. And who but Mo Jeff was the one who recognized something wasn't right with KLS. Mo! You go girl!
My mind was all raced up and hated the thought of her getting hurt. I hope it was just that and she was under the weather.

Does anybody know what was actually happen to her can shed some light?

Reaction Score
I was reported that she has been battling a cold and she was dehydrated. From someone that was there, it was HOT in the gym.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was reported that she has been battling a cold and she was dehydrated. From someone that was there, it was HOT in the gym.
Yea, I think they said she got a little woozy. Rosemary gave her some Gatorade with some powder (more electrolytes I assume) in it. She looked better at the end of the game. In another thread I mentioned I thought Stewart sounded a little stuffy. Maybe something going around the team.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
After the time-out following the incident, the broadcasters found some video of the actual incident. Lou was playing normally until a foul was called, and then (when play was stopped) she grabbed Moriah's arm because she apparently felt unsteady. Then she wasn't able to make it to the bench, and I thought it looked like she had hurt her knee (gasp). But apparently it was just a dizzy spell and had nothing to do with any physical injury -- there was no contact on the play prior to the event. Once she got to the bench, she recovered rather quickly.

Despite whiffing on her 3-point attempts, she played a good game, I thought. Rebounds, steals, hustle. She can potentially be a valuable part of the team even without her 3-point shot working. And I'm sure it will work eventually.

Reaction Score
Glad to hear and thanks for the insights guys. My heart was racing when I saw her holding her knee, but so glad that it was just under the weather.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
During the Colgate game last night, the camera cut away and started showing KLS on the floor with some sign of pain. ...

She plain passed out ... which would be very 0mimous had we not heard that she had been ill. It's still something to keep a precautionary an eye on.

Reaction Score
After the time-out following the incident, the broadcasters found some video of the actual incident. Lou was playing normally until a foul was called, and then (when play was stopped) she grabbed Moriah's arm because she apparently felt unsteady. Then she wasn't able to make it to the bench, and I thought it looked like she had hurt her knee (gasp). But apparently it was just a dizzy spell and had nothing to do with any physical injury -- there was no contact on the play prior to the event. Once she got to the bench, she recovered rather quickly.

Despite whiffing on her 3-point attempts, she played a good game, I thought. Rebounds, steals, hustle. She can potentially be a valuable part of the team even without her 3-point shot working. And I'm sure it will work eventually.
Whew, great news!

HGN

Reaction Score
During the Colgate game last night, the camera cut away and started showing KLS on the floor with some sign of pain. Then they said something about her under the weather. And who but Mo Jeff was the one who recognized something wasn't right with KLS. Mo! You go girl!
My mind was all raced up and hated the thought of her getting hurt. I hope it was just that and she was under the weather.

Does anybody know what was actually happen to her can shed some light?
Geno said she wasn't feeling well since morning breakfast. But that she would be ok.

Reaction Score
Geno said that there was a cold going around that affected most of the team (himself included). Meghan Culmo was also suffering the effects; she could barely get through the game. As for Lou, maybe it takes a while to acclimate to the cool northeast after growing up in sunny CA. Good news: the colds will get better; bad news: the weather won't.

Reaction Score
Hope that's all it is. You could tell that Meghan was pretty sick.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Early in the game at a dead ball, the camera zoomed on Lou and Stewie. Stewie appeared to be breathing normally, but Lou was almost gasping for air. I wondered at the time if it was a difference in conditioning (not an unreasonable guess). But, now we know otherwise.

Reaction Score
If I had to venture a guess, I would say, 'Dehydration'. What caused this condition, I am no privy to know.

Reaction Score
What alarms me is what happened to the Loyola Marymount player in the 90s (can't remember his name for the life of me). I hope they've checked this young ladies heart condition thoroughly.

Don't want freak anyone out but would just like them to be safe. Hopefully she's OK and will get over a minor problem and keep playing.

(Now I remember- Hank Gaithers).

Reaction Score
What alarms me is what happened to the Loyola Marymount player in the 90s (can't remember his name for the life of me). I hope they've checked this young ladies heart condition thoroughly.

Don't want freak anyone out but would just like them to be safe. Hopefully she's OK and will get over a minor problem and keep playing.

(Now I remember- Hank Gaithers).
That was Hank I think.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Not sure if Lou will play tonite. Game time decision, i guess.

Reaction Score
She has a respiratory illness according to Lobo, so we may not see KLS tonight.

Reaction Score
KLS is in the game after Geno said there was a 90% chance she would not play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom