Did anyone else? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did anyone else?

Reaction Score
I was in the crowd and there was a big collective groan when she went down............then collective applause when she popped up apparently OK.......

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
no. and neither did anyone else on planet earth, but for that handful of cardiac 'kids' around here, who never miss a chance to look for health problems that aren't there. basketball is a full contact sport, get used to it.
on the udder hand, im sure that she was sore as heck the day after ucf, cuz of the amount that she played. prolly a 2 aspirin day. call an ambulance.
When I played in the 60's and early 70's it was not. Basketball was back then considered a little or no contact sport.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
fine. ok. the phones are blowing up, the email box is swamped, the cards and letters are flying thru that little slot on the door, and all have the same request. the ear in the hankie story.
ol Doc and his best pal and roomate did a little nightshift work at the Chicago morgue, circa 1938 in caponeland, as they were students at national college of chiropractic. seems they both had met a socialite bigbucks girl that they were sweet on. one day, she invites both of them to dinner. megamansion, white glove and servants, the whole shebang. best pal thinks 'im gonna fix you george at the dinner,' and cuts off an ear from a cadaver, then sneaks it into george's handkerchief, hoping he pulls it out sometime during the soiree. perfect timing - they're all at the big table, crystal glass and gold edged cutlery, and george pulls the hankie out, and the ear hits the table. nobody was arrested or repercussions, but the girl soured on both of them.
Doc was a naturopath who also was foundational for Connecticut's efforts in both health, and the environment, and who sumtimes carried an extra ear around with him. lol. and a gold $20 coin, which he got from jack dempsey that day at the schvitzbath.
i like listening to interesting people. when he passed, they put his mug up on a billboard at i-95 in Stratford in honor and respect. seemed right. he only wanted to be Senator for his hometown, with no ambition for a higher office.
hey lagerheads! Doc was a beer guy, too, and always had a heiny available for friend or foe. he used to pass them out at the leg office building. Doc knew more aboot natural health, healing, (don't forget the cigars! he was a cigar guy, too) and reduced stress living than sloan kettering.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom