Did Ania Step In It With Phee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did Ania Step In It With Phee

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Obviously we need to throw CD under the bus.

I didn’t throw anyone under the bus. But the article about Molly asking Sue about wearing 10 said that CD told her it was tradition to ask. Meaning Molly didn’t inherently know that’s what was typically done. My question is whether someone told Anna. CD? Coach? Molly? Anyone...?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The custom, as I know it is if you want to wear a number up in the Husky ring of Honor, you are to ask that former player and as far as I know, all the former players consider it an honor and let that player wear it. Now with Lobo’s number “officially retired”, no one can wear 50 again.
People can call it silly if they want to but it is this programs culture to do it and many other aspects we probably don’t know about as well. Stating such so matter a fact is showing this program disrespect as you are being naive in program and team culture. I am sure at some point CD will have Ania talk to Phee. The rest of us should just be respectful of this custom. I did hear that Tennessee needs more forum members...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I didn’t throw anyone under the bus. But the article about Molly asking Sue about wearing 10 said that CD told her it was tradition to ask. Meaning Molly didn’t inherently know that’s what was typically done. My question is whether someone told Anna. CD? Coach? Molly? Anyone...?
If this is supposedly a uniquely UConn tradition, how would any player know to do it if they weren’t told? Since everyone here loves to speculate, here’s my chance. This may be something that is not so much a tradition as a nice to do that is encouraged by the coaches when it might help in a player’s development. Maybe CD told Molly, an aspiring PG, to do it in order to get her to talk to arguably the greatest PG that ever lived. Or maybe she thought there was an adjustment issue that advice from someone that had been through the rigors would be helpful. The possibilities are endless.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
pecking order

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Good point. I believe that every newbie is assigned an oldbie whose duty it is to advise them as to all things Husky. Summer room mate?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Why do people here want to create drama. She has number 24... get over it.

Egad. I started this thread on a slow day to have fun with it, nothing more. Tongue in cheek. And this being the BY I should have known better. It's fart jokes or brutal basketball chatter period!

Reaction Score
"She is also aware that freshman Anna Makurat from Poland will wear her uniform No. 24 this coming season.
And Collier is fine with that.

“She did not ask me, but she better fill my 24,” Collier said with a smile."

Sort of a regurg article on Phee's rookie experience. WNBA not so easy for Collier

But seriously, I suspect in her heart of hearts Phee is a little ticked that Ania did not observe the proprieties on this. Phee strikes me as a proprieties girl. After all there are smiles and then there are smiles:

View attachment 43869

Stop trying to start something between our players! Some people need to grow up.

Reaction Score
It's just a "common courtesy" that you ask a player on the WALL OF HONOR that you'd like to wear their number and you'd like their ok beforehand!
It goes with the other RULES that CD has setup for the UCONN WBB program, like no nail polish, no visible tattoos, no twitter during season, no names on the backs of uniforms, dressing up in either team gear or nice clothes when out in public, learning how to speak intelligently when out in public or being interviewed, etc.
It's what makes UCONN, UCONN!

Reaction Score
Why is everyone so sure that Ania asked for #24. I had the impression from the UCONN Press Release that the number was assigned to her. IMHO that releases her from the obligation of requesting the permission of the previous wearer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom