Did Addazio recruit all of the players at Temple... | The Boneyard

Did Addazio recruit all of the players at Temple...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know many will view this in poor taste because I should be celebrating our dominant win over UB instead of criticising the coaching staff, but I just saw some Temple vs Maryland highlights and it got me thinking about the primary excuse people are using to support Coach PP.

Coach PP didn't recruit these players and the cupboard was left completely bare by Edsall

While one example doesn't make a rule, it shows that it is possible for good coaches to create systems and take advantage of the personnel that they have on their roster to win games.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At what point in tonight's game were we dominant?

Reaction Score
I get what you are trying to say, but Addazio inherited a clear cut starter at QB and a RB (Pierce) who would start on most BCS teams. He also was left a solid BCS level defense. It's nowhere near the same.

PP inherited a good defense.......

Reaction Score
Addazio sure does coach the players he has very well/

Reaction Score
I know many will view this in poor taste because I should be celebrating our dominant win over UB instead of criticising the coaching staff, but I just saw some Temple vs Maryland highlights and it got me thinking about the primary excuse people are using to support Coach PP.

Coach PP didn't recruit these players and the cupboard was left completely bare by Edsall

While one example doesn't make a rule, it shows that it is possible for good coaches to create systems and take advantage of the personnel that they have on their roster to win games.

It's unclear to me which position you are supporting....

Is it Temple won because they were left with better talent??? Tell me, why did Temple win today?

Reaction Score
At what point in tonight's game were we dominant?

Any time our defense was on the field minus a couple of penalties...

I hate to say this but Temple's offense has been better than ours last year too. And it's not that hard to stop Randy and his creative play-calling on offense.

Reaction Score
Who on our offense is even close to as good as Bernard Pierce? Nobody.

Reaction Score
Coach P went out and got Don Brown and a very solid defense became great.

The problem is offense. There are no Bernard Pierce's on this roster. Coach P has to deal with a sub par passing game, and sub par running backs. Does that mean he can't find a system that is more effective? No, I think if he goes 3 wide and relies on a short passing game, that would maximize the talent we have on O. But it still is not much of an O.

I will say that Addazio has really impressed. Remember, Temple lost several players to the NFL last year, and he has them playing at a high level.

Reaction Score
Any time our defense was on the field minus a couple of penalties...

I hate to say this but Temple's offense has been better than ours last year too. And it's not that hard to stop Randy and his creative play-calling on offense.

Not sure I can agree unless you subscribe to the bend but don't break theory....we gave up over 300 yards and almost 33% success ratio on 3rd down. If we were playing a top 50 team I might agree, but this was SUNY Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Not sure I can agree unless you subscribe to the bend but don't break theory....we gave up over 300 yards and almost 33% success ratio on 3rd down. If we were playing a top 50 team I might agree, but this was SUNY Buffalo.

Heh, I had just posted in another thread that we played bend don't break tonight. I wonder if losing Blidi and not having Junior (suspension) had something to do with that. Don was also much tamer tonight, maybe he saw no need to blitz vs. a good running team. We still gave up only 3 pts, that's pretty 'dominant' if you ask me.

Reaction Score
And on offense he went out and got his old re-tread buddy from SU and a very mediocre offense turned into an abomination

Last year, UCONN had a horrific passing game and a great running game led by Jordan Todman.

Now let's see, you lose Jordan Todman (and his backup Robbie Fry), and you expect it to maintain the status quo????? It "turned" into a horrific offense because of Deleone and Coach P?

Reaction Score
Actually, between last year and this, the offense lost:

- Cody Endres (dismissed)
- Jordan Todman (NFL)
- Mike Box (transfer)
- Robbie Frey (transfer)
- Mike Smith (ineligible)
- Gerrard Sheppard (transfer)
- Leon Kinnard (transfer)
- Dwayne Difton (transfer)

Reaction Score
Lets face it. We're taking a step back this year. I'm hoping this team can claw itself toward bowl eligibility but it won't be easy. WVU, USF and Cincy look tough this year.

Reaction Score
Actually, between last year and this, the offense lost:

- Cody Endres (dismissed)
- Jordan Todman (NFL)
- Mike Box (transfer)
- Robbie Frey (transfer)
- Mike Smith (ineligible)
- Gerrard Sheppard (transfer)
- Leon Kinnard (transfer)
- Dwayne Difton (transfer)

-Zach Hurd
-Steven Olivier
-Eric Kurazcea

Reaction Score
Malik Generett also transferred. He came in so highly touted too. :(

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's really not fair to kill the new coaching staff when the team doesn't have QB capable of playing at a D-1 level today. The QB position is that important. The game plan produces open receivers left and right. We have to hope the QB's develop. And, BTW, this coaching staff has recruited the best QB prospect in the area.

Reaction Score
Malik Generett also transferred. He came in so highly touted too. :(

Yeah the offense took a hit. a lot of guys left early for one reason or another. No excuses, but it cannot be overlooked when everyone is slamming the offense and the coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom