Did ACC Pres-ADs meet today and take a vote? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did ACC Pres-ADs meet today and take a vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I've done a lot of things in my lifetime, many of them pretty stupid, but that pinch between my cheek and gum never appealed to me. I went back to college in my 30s, and seeing young guys carrying their spit cups to class was a little too much. Gross habit, and it will harm or kill you faster than smoking.
Gdl may kill me first

Reaction Score
Gdl may kill me first

Yeah Dan, I'm not your dad, but that stuff is bad news. It's your thing, but the stats on chew is terrible. I'll send you a pack of gum. Say hello to Susan for me.

Reaction Score
I don't know and neither do you. The Tuesday date is nothing new. How do you know that the ACC didn't already decide to take Louisville via conference call? It comes down to believing what you want to believe and there is more misinformation than accurate information out there as speculators continue speculate.
Uconn makes the most sense if the ACC decides to add a team but then again I always thought Uconn made more sense than Pitt. Logic sometimes gets sacrificed for politics. BTW, I hope you and whatever you heard is accurate. The ACC knows it can have Uconn any time it wants as we continue to beg in the wings. Swofford doesn't have to be in any hurry.

The ville beat writers seem to think it's us, but who really knows? Swofford is lost. I wouldn't be surprised if he was shown the door.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah Dan, I'm not your dad, but that stuff is bad news. It's your thing, but the stats on chew is terrible. I'll send you a pack of gum. Say hello to Susan for me.

Much to his mother's chagrine, I'm not his dad either.

If you're not going to a war, a bridge you plan on jumping off or a job shoveling Asbestos flakes, skip the chew before it kills you in a gruesome fashion. Plus, short of tattooing the word on your forehead, nothing pegs you as a hayseed like chewing tobacco does.

Of course, if having a fan base drooling tobacco juice impresses Tobacco Road, I am all for it. You can quit next month, Dan.

Reaction Score
I don't know and neither do you. The Tuesday date is nothing new. How do you know that the ACC didn't already decide to take Louisville via conference call? It comes down to believing what you want to believe and there is more misinformation than accurate information out there as speculators continue speculate.
Uconn makes the most sense if the ACC decides to add a team but then again I always thought Uconn made more sense than Pitt. Logic sometimes gets sacrificed for politics. BTW, I hope you and whatever you heard is accurate. The ACC knows it can have Uconn any time it wants as we continue to beg in the wings. Swofford doesn't have to be in any hurry.

If UConn dangles in the wings, there won't be anything to add.

BE dissolves, then what?

Here's our conference--for basketball too!!!!!

Temple, Marshall, UMass, USF, UCF, East Carolina, Memphis, I can't even think of anyone else.

Reaction Score
i have a blue cup with coke and evan in it and a very fat lip of grizzly mint in right now(blue tin btw for those who have never been men). susan has a galss of merlot and her feet up on the coffee table. we are currently watching house hunters giggling about the B1G's master plan.

You should quit the dip. When I was a cadet I got hooked on Copenhagen because it would keep me awake on the all night training events they would have us do. It was hard to stop.

It's been years since I stopped, and I am just now at the point where I don't crave when I am at a game, or on a big fishing trip. I have two good friends who are fishing guides in Montana, they are practically sponsored by Copenhagen lol. This was the first year I was able to hang with them without a craving.

This took a great deal of work, seriously you only get one face.

Look at what this man did to himself.

http://www.outdoortexan.com/mycancer.htm

Check that out for starters.

Reaction Score
Seven years ago, the ACC had 4 of the top 20-25 brands in college football. Certainly enough to maintain a viable, if not vibrant, football conference. Those brands, as of today, are still there. Scandal, bad coaching, cyclical downturns and whatever else leaves them substantially behind the Big 4. Had they capitalized upon, or even maintained, those equity those brands had established, they wouldnt be where they are today. They have no one to blame but themselves.
Florida State is still a good brand, and a very good (not great) team.
Clemson is good.
Virginia Tech had a very bad year, but they're a year removed from playing in the Sugar Bowl.
Miami has been really bad. They've never recovered since leaving the BE.

But if they can keep it together, they have some programs that can compete. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Boneyard intervention?

i've actually tried that mint snuff that he is pushing on there - its awful. however now that i'm married with a kid i've done pretty well to get off the dip. errr except at uconn football games...

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

BE dissolves, then what?

Temple, Marshall, UMass, USF, UCF, East Carolina, Memphis, I can't even think of anyone else.

Why not just add the rest of the MAC and be done with it. Blah.

Reaction Score

BE dissolves, then what?

Kent State? Northern Illinois? San Jose State? Utah State?

Using message board logic, since they are all more highly ranked this year than Louisville and Rutgers (and Miami, and Virginia Tech--and Kent State is ranked higher than Michigan and Texas!) these are more traditional football powers.

Hell, when's the last time Texas or Miami won anything, back when Justin Bieber was in middle school? Old news, time to embrace the new!

Reaction Score
Anyway, my understanding is that the ACC presidents are meeting on Nov 30 or Dec 1 in conjunction with the ACC Championship game and will make a decision at least officially then. That of course makes a lot of sense. And it is a logical time for the conference leadership to be meeting in conjunction with a major conference event. No doubt there are ongoing discussions taking place via conference call and otherwise before that official meeting.

Reaction Score
Of course the phones are ringing. They don't need to stare each other down to reach a consensus, or make promises.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
(Tee hee, someone in this thread put 'Susan Herbst' and 'tapping' in the same sentence)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom