Dickie V's Super Seven | The Boneyard

Dickie V's Super Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll take anywhere in the top 4- at the end of the season. Right now it is nice to be considered a top 5 team-it means we have potential - but it really does not mean very much beyond that.

Last year we were unranked- then ranked #4 then dropped to #19 then won the NC. It's fun to read these things but this team could be ranked anywhere from #5 to #10 to start the year and I would not blink an eye. It is something to talk about- is anyone else really ready for the season to start already? If we did not win the NC I may have had to go on vacation for 30 days to get through the last few months.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'll take anywhere in the top 4- at the end of the season. Right now it is nice to be considered a top 5 team-it means we have potential - but it really does not mean very much beyond that.

Last year we were unranked- then ranked #4 then dropped to #19 then won the NC. It's fun to read these things but this team could be ranked anywhere from #5 to #10 to start the year and I would not blink an eye. It is something to talk about- is anyone else really ready for the season to start already? If we did not win the NC I may have had to go on vacation for 30 days to get through the last few months.
+1 minus the vacation part

Reaction Score
I think our front line matches up well with UNC's. Although we don't have Mcadoo coming off the bench, we've got way more strength up front and I would like to see tenacious D (Scoe) against polished O (Barnes) at the 3 spot.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Got to disagree with Duke. Not that this is a surprise with a Dickie V column. They lost too much and adding a stud PG to what they have returning isn't enough IMO.

Really interesting to see Vandy up there. They'll benefit from a weak SEC as well.

I like Louisville alot, assuming Siva and Dieng make expected improvements from last year. They are definitely top 10. I'd put them ahead of Duke in a Top 25 ranking.

Reaction Score
Got to disagree with Duke. Not that this is a surprise with a Dickie V column. They lost too much and adding a stud PG to what they have returning isn't enough IMO.

Really interesting to see Vandy up there. They'll benefit from a weak SEC as well.

I like Louisville alot, assuming Siva and Dieng make expected improvements from last year. They are definitely top 10. I'd put them ahead of Duke in a Top 25 ranking.

I think UL is in almost every preseason top10 that I've seen, so I don't think they're being underrated.

I'm not sold on them quite yet.

They will do very well in the big east, as Pitino's style does very well in league and he has gotten the better of almost all the current coaches.

Siva will be very good, but besides the freshmen coming in, who appear to be very strong, I think UL just has a bunch of quality role players. Also, I'm still not sure about Dieng: he's an above average shot blocker, but he doesn't have a great offensive game, and he fouls out a lot. He seems to have a lot of potential, but that's all.

Reaction Score
Duke didnt add a stud PG... Rivers is def not a PG. Thats going to be their problem all year they dont have a PG.

Reaction Score
You guys still take this clown seriously...like seriously?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Duke didnt add a stud PG... Rivers is def not a PG. Thats going to be their problem all year they dont have a PG.

Good call. Should have typed SG. Either way, the overall point remains. They don't bring enough back imo.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

its also my biggest problem with uk. yeah they have all this talent coming in but whos going to play pg? obviously itll be fr teague but a stud fr at pg didnt get them the nc last year and id bet against it this year unless this kid is kyrie irving.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If he had Dook at # 6, would it be the Super Six?

Haha, thought the same thing. If Duke was #5, his list would be the "Fantastic Five." If they were #12, it'd be the "Terrific Twelve."

I do have to grudgingly tip my cap to him for being so open about it all.

Reaction Score
a fun game i like to play is timing how long it takes dv to mention duke when hes broadcasting a game not involving duke. its funny because he does it every single time.

Reaction Score
The worst is when he is on Mike and Mike and talks about baseball and football like hes an expert.

Reaction Score
The worst is when he is on Mike and Mike and talks about baseball and football like hes an expert.
Completely agree. Have to turn it off every time he's on.

The best was a couple years ago during the selection show when Bilas made him cry.

Reaction Score
If he had Dook at # 6, would it be the Super Six?
I had the same thought. Almost as if he stretched it to seven just for his beloved Blue Devils... I'm to lazy to check but has he done the "Super Seven" in past years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom