Dickie V's love for Kentucky is disgusting... | The Boneyard

Dickie V's love for Kentucky is disgusting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I'm watching the SEC final right now, and Dick Vitale began talking about how Kentucky lost out on two national championships against UConn because of free throws. He did not state anything giving us credit or saying that we were the better team. All he said is FREE THROWS was the reason. What he should have said is "I am not taking away anything the Huskies did, they were the more mentally tough team, therefore they were the better team. But free throws would have given UK a better chance."

Dick needs to hang up the towel and head to Florida for retirement.

Reaction Score
I was watching last year's championship game again with him on the call(international broadcast), and he was claiming that Kentucky was better than UConn in 2011.

Never mind that UConn beat Kentucky twice that year.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
I was watching last year's championship game again with him on the call(international broadcast), and he was claiming that Kentucky was better than UConn in 2011.

Never mind that UConn beat Kentucky twice that year.

Wow, I was not even aware of that. Crazy... I can't believe he still has a job. As an announcer/commentator he is supposed to be impartial.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Keeping track of these slights must be exhausting.

I don't intentionally keep track of things that specifically have to do with UK or UConn getting disrespected. I simply overheard it on the TV and thought I would share it. No need to be sarcastic.

Reaction Score
When has he ever been impartial? He is and has always been a UNC/Duke/UK hype machine.

Reaction Score
I can deal with his love for Kentucky. His drooling over Duke men's basketball, is what makes me queasy.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Much easier and enjoyable to count our rings than the number of times Vitale talks about Kentucky

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And Charles Barkley was still in denial while Shabazz was making his speech. Who cares. Great for the mojo!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Can't spell dUKe vitale without UK, sickening to listen to.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm watching the SEC final right now, and Dick Vitale began talking about how Kentucky lost out on two national championships against UConn because of free throws. He did not state anything giving us credit or saying that we were the better team. All he said is FREE THROWS was the reason. What he should have said is "I am not taking away anything the Huskies did, they were the more mentally tough team, therefore they were the better team. But free throws would have given UK a better chance."

He already is retired and in Florida. What you see on TV is simply old Dickie V clips edited in. It's easy to do because he hasn't said anything new in years.

Couple of weeks ago wife and I were in Bradenton for Pirates spring training. Went over to Lakewood Ranch for breakfast and Dickie V's favorite breakfast place (Another Broken Egg). He wasn't there, but they sell his books in the waiting area. Anyway, you can't actually order two eggs over easy with bacon with a side of grits. You have to deconstruct the menu Five Easy Pieces style and then pay $12.95 for the privilege.

pj

Reaction Score
When has he ever been impartial? He is and has always been a UNC/Duke/UK hype machine.

ESPN has always been an ACC and SEC hype machine, those are its marquee properties and they tell their employees to hype them. Dickie V knows on what side his bread is buttered. His skill is making it look like he really believes the propaganda.

Reaction Score

He also said they didn't shoot well. He shills whoever his network's fav is any given moment, usually Duke and any other front runners. Gets paid nicely for it to.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

All I care about is where are the two banners hang? Storrs or Lexington? ning

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
One more NCAA win against Dook or Squid and I think Dickie will take a razor to his wrists....

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Vitale's schtick was new and refreshing when he started at ESPN in 1979. It wore out a couple decades ago.

Reaction Score
60267860.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I remember a story that they would kick the old woman from the "Where's the Beef" Wendy's commercials in the leg to cue her to say the line. I think they use the same method for Dickie V these days. There is a producer in his ear giving him a one work cue and DV goes off on that topic in his standard shtick. "Duke," "Kentucky," "John Callipari," it's just Dickie V Mad Libs.

Reaction Score

Dude if you feel this bad, imagine how K feels. He's been spurned, cheated on and lost his number one admirer to another lover.

You should relax or feel sorry for K, he's the one that's pissed.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Just in case UCONN_Top_Dog isn't disgusted enough yet..
CAKncZwVAAAWyAU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky