Dickie V shows UConn some love | The Boneyard

Dickie V shows UConn some love

Reaction Score
If you could guarantee me there is a season this year, I would put a lot of money on us ending up in the top 25 this year somewhere.

Why?

1. We will be a physically dominant team this year at basically all levels. Size, Athleticism, Depth.

2. I think we continue to underestimate the upgrade at PG this year. RJ Cole will be a similar style to Marcus Williams initiating the offense and getting shots late in the clock. 2nd Year Muscles Gaffney will be a huge upgrade on 1st year Stringbean Gaffney.

3. Another year of Hurley culture integration - this team started to ROLL late last year. No reason that belief shouldn't continue

4. Bouknight Y2 and Jackson Y1 - Playmakers outside of PG spot is going to make our transition and half-court offense very dynamic.

Reaction Score
This is no love, we are better than 35th as a team and Bouknight is better than fifth team.
Dickie too old to research these days. Fifth team could just as well be 1st or 2nd team, if he took the time to study the game like he did when he was young. Plus AAC was an invisible conference so for JB to stand out after only one year in purgatory ain't bad. Bouk came out of nowhere essentially last season, so him now in an elite conference will certainly raise more eyebrows. Just saying outside of us here at UConn, the AAC and non conference opponents, Bouknight is relatively unknown. Not having a post season didn't help.

They will be saying his name all over the place when BE ball gets going. Its all good.

Reaction Score
While I think UConn is gonna be better than last year, losing Vital is a huge loss and I'm guessing that will be noticeable early on in the season. Plus Akok isn't gonna be playing for a little while longer, unless I'm mistaken. The athleticism, depth, newcomers, etc are all trending in the right direction and I do believe this will easily be the best team in recent years. I'm just ready for the start of the season to see how they all mesh, rankings don't matter to me, especially from that numbnuts

Reaction Score
If you could guarantee me there is a season this year, I would put a lot of money on us ending up in the top 25 this year somewhere.

Why?

1. We will be a physically dominant team this year at basically all levels. Size, Athleticism, Depth.

2. I think we continue to underestimate the upgrade at PG this year. RJ Cole will be a similar style to Marcus Williams initiating the offense and getting shots late in the clock. 2nd Year Muscles Gaffney will be a huge upgrade on 1st year Stringbean Gaffney.

3. Another year of Hurley culture integration - this team started to ROLL late last year. No reason that belief shouldn't continue

4. Bouknight Y2 and Jackson Y1 - Playmakers outside of PG spot is going to make our transition and half-court offense very dynamic.

Not exactly going out on a limb

Reaction Score
His rebounder to watch is James Butler, the brother of Natalie Butler

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul