Diarria Question? | The Boneyard

Diarria Question?

Reaction Score
Is he still going to play this season or is a red shirt in consideration? We're starting conference play and he hasn't touched the court yet. Sure we could use some assistance in the 'bigs' spot, but with Hurley playing small ball we have 2 bigs now, plus Cobb (not sure what the deal is). All 3 of them are game ready in terms of conditioning and experience. He may be better than all 3, but at this point Diarria would have to play exceptionally well so as not return and then sit on the bench (like Whaley). We all see how Sid is taking time to adjust.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ollie was so good at finding guys who would take up a seat on the bench and go years without contributing. Like it’s an actual gift of his, keeps on giving too.

JFC, Diarra was a top 100 recruit whose knee issues didn't come up at all before he got to campus. I thought the coaching change would make your takes a little less horrendous, but I guess I'm too much of an optimist.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
He already redshirted two years ago. The only way he could get a 6th year of eligibility is by petitioning the NCAA after #5.

Reaction Score
JFC, Diarra was a top 100 recruit whose knee issues didn't come up at all before he got to campus. I thought the coaching change would make your takes a little less horrendous, but I guess I'm too much of an optimist.[/QUO
JFC, Diarra was a top 100 recruit whose knee issues didn't come up at all before he got to campus. I thought the coaching change would make your takes a little less horrendous, but I guess I'm too much of an optimist.
Who is JFC? I don't see their comments, but I also don't see anything JFC in my ignore list. Does JSM have a new handle?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think he could be a hugely important player on this squad if he could get healthy. It’s unfortunate for him and for the team. They could really use him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I've heard that he had some knee issues during high school, but pushed through it, and did not let it be known to the public. Ostensibly because he didn't want it to hurt him offer/scholarship-wise.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I've heard that he had some knee issues during high school, but pushed through it, and did not let it be known to the public. Ostensibly because he didn't want it to hurt him offer/scholarship-wise.

Regardless, the take I quoted was so revisionist that I’m certain its author is deranged.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Way too optimistic

Reaction Score
I honestly have no idea what kind of impact he makes. I actually love his motor and the energy he brought to the court last year was pretty obvious. Where his skill level is is a big, fat, colossal question mark.

Reaction Score
He himself admitted it's a chronic issue going back to high school. Ollie took him, Durham and Gilbert despite chronic issues from all three. I'd be very surprised if the staff didn't know he came with some medical risk. I love the kid's motor and toughness though, really hope we see him soon.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He himself admitted it's a chronic issue going back to high school. Ollie took him, Durham and Gilbert despite chronic issues from all three. I'd be very surprised if the staff didn't know he came with some medical risk. I love the kid's motor and toughness though, really hope we see him soon.

Yes, that's now. But he didn't talk about it during high school. He just played through with zero time off; probably made it worse. Might have even thought it was growing pains. These things get worse over time. That's the story anyway.

Reaction Score
Great toughness and motor. Unfortunately, he picks up a foul about every two minutes.

C

Chief00

Speaks volumes about GM’s ability to evaluate recruits and kick the tires.

C

Chief00

The issue about Diarra’s knee injury history - and why didn’t we factor it in - was brought up by another poster

Reaction Score
Glen was the one who represented he had the PSA relationship under control.
I’m not sure we’ll ever know the true story with regard to PSA. It’s pkausible the staff knew about an injury concern with Diarra but wanted Hamidou so badly that they overlooked it to secure that relationship.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I’m not sure we’ll ever know the true story with regard to PSA. It’s pkausible the staff knew about an injury concern with Diarra but wanted Hamidou so badly that they overlooked it to secure that relationship.

Plausible yes, but even if they knew, it's not like injuries scared them away with other recruits (see Durham).

Diarra was a solid get. A raw guy with some tools to work with and a huge motor.

Reaction Score
OMG can we please stop using “motor”? And while we are at it can we please stop using “optics”? Thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom