Diarra?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diarra??

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Diarra become Toraino on the court. Unfortunately on that play, Diarra would have fouled 4 people to get to the basket.

Reaction Score
Great post. The Toraino dunk was epic. I saw Chris Smith at Ted's after the game and he was gushing about that play, despite being a pretty quiet, laid back guy. Toraino was flat out tough, street tough. I always enjoyed watching him play.
Walker played very little during the season. Then had a great BE tourny. Coach Calhoun was quoted as saying " in ten years when they write the story of this tournament, Walker will be the one they write about." I have paraphased. Walker left the team, never to play again. Sorry to read his life went wrong.

Reaction Score
I like your post, but I think Diarra has a higher upside than 6 and 4. I am thinking more like 10 and 7 or 12 and 8 as a upperclassmen. He has a great motor and needs to stay out of foul trouble to develop.
I agree with you. Just didn't want to climb out on that limb yet until I see him get the minutes and see what he does with them.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

Toraino was a weird player. He was pretty athletic, an excellent passer for his size, could handle a little, but could not shoot to save his life. He was a good glue guy but obviously had some other demons going on. JC always talked about the sad tale of his story.

Never heard this before. What demons did Toraino deal with?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Never heard this before. What demons did Toraino deal with?
Never mind, read upon it. Wow, he and I are the same age. Loved his aggression and passion while at UConn, hate hearing things took a turn for the worse.

Reaction Score
I see Kentan Facey 2.0 with him. He needs playing time to actually get better. Look at what happened when Facey FINALLY got playing time his senior year...I get KO is trying to win games but you can't tell me he wouldn't give you better minutes than Anderson (different positions I know but still).
Facey didn't play Junior year because we had Shonn Miller who was a MUCH better player, and a legit threat to score in the paint.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Diarra is very undersized to play the 4 at a high level of competition. He looks much closer to 6'6 than 6'8''. He doesn't have Jeff Adrien level bulk to compensate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom