Diarra Shout Out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diarra Shout Out

Reaction Score
My favorite Husky since Boat
I think we can appreciate how great these guys are without putting them in the all time category. Diarra has been phenomenal this year. But my profile pic was pretty elite off the bench himself.
Diarra is certainly in the all time role player category with his play this year. How many role players have we had that come off the bench to have 7 assists in addition to 14 points, while playing great D. Rashad was great, as a scorer, but he never distributed or played D like Diarra does.

Reaction Score
Diarra is certainly in the all time role player category with his play this year. How many role players have we had that come off the bench to have 7 assists in addition to 14 points, while playing great D. Rashad was great, as a scorer, but he never distributed or played D like Diarra does.
John Gwynn comes to mind as a scorer but I don’t remember much about his D.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's been mentioned but one of my favorite heads up plays of the season was him tossing the ball to the ref - the play that drew the warning - after a made bucket at the end of the first half to burn enough clock to make sure we'd be able to run out the game clock on our next possession.

Reaction Score
John Gwynn comes to mind as a scorer but I don’t remember much about his D.
I remember Gwynn as a scorer. Hassan impacts the game significantly on the defensive end and has know shown he can both score and distribute. He impacts the game consistently in several ways, pretty rare for a role player.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This was almost a Bazz and Boat level dismembering of the Harrison twins and that guard from Florida who was never heard from again.
Diarra’s instincts defensively are some of the best since that group. He has special hands and knack for getting steals.
I think our guys from the past are better than you may remember. Doesn’t takeaway from how awesome Diarra was today.

Reaction Score
His hustle and defense are enough to earn him praise. But he's worked hard so teams can't just play 5 on 4 on the UConn's offensive end. He's also playing fast & hard, but most importantly, under control.

One of the knock's I had on Ollie (and I liked Ollie and don't mean to bash him), was that players didn't really develop that much under him. I look at guys like Diarra, Karaban, Cam (on the defensive end), and a few others is a big thing for Hurley and his staff. We've talked about Calhoun was great at developing guys. I know NIL has changed things, but I think a recruit has to seriously look at UConn now and think "there I can be compensated pretty well, develop and know I'm going to be on a good team".
Correct. The staff made Jarra, Cam, Newt, remarkably better than their pre-transfer form.

Reaction Score
IMG_2722.jpeg

Reaction Score
This was almost a Bazz and Boat level dismembering of the Harrison twins and that guard from Florida who was never heard from again.
Scotty Wilbiken- SEC POY. Previous game boat had the Big12’s top PG picking the ball up before half court.

He really ruined all 3 (4 if you count both Harrisons) players chances at the next level but absolutely exposing them.

Reaction Score
Major X factor today. He played even better than his box score and that’s hard to do since his box score was 14/6/5/3stl and 3 threes

BE 6th Man of the Year and it ain’t close to me

Reaction Score
He went from unplayable in the Final Four (benched after 2 minutes vs. Miami, DNP vs. SDSU) to a legitimate 6th man of the year candidate if they had such a thing.

He's not only in control and limiting mistakes, but a threat to pass, shoot, or attack the rim, in addition to what he already provided on D.

Reaction Score
He went from unplayable in the Final Four (benched after 2 minutes vs. Miami, DNP vs. SDSU) to a legitimate 6th man of the year candidate if they had such a thing.

He's not only in control and limiting mistakes, but a threat to pass, shoot, or attack the rim, in addition to what he already provided on D.
They do have a 6th man of the year award. From a quick glance the only guys I could see beating out Hassan for the award are Ross/Jones from Marquette or Hart/Hausen from Villanova. My vote would be Hassan though

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's been mentioned but one of my favorite heads up plays of the season was him tossing the ball to the ref - the play that drew the warning - after a made bucket at the end of the first half to burn enough clock to make sure we'd be able to run out the game clock on our next possession.
I liked that too, but you've got to give Cam an assist. Has started to throw the ball to Cam but Cam gave him the plams up stop sign. Has immediately knew the play and tried to restart the 5 second count. Great teams think alike!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Attended my uncle's 80th bday party yesterday and missed the game. Just watched an 8-minute highlight clip and am blown away. Hassan was stellar. That pass to Newton...woo boy!!!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Diarra has been amazing… Many of us thought he was basically a scrub we recruited to fill out the bench. Wow, how we were all so wrong. Very happy that his hard work is paying off, and I’m thrilled he’ll potentially be back for next year.
He and Ball will be a nice transition/mentor for Nowell next year

Reaction Score
It feels like he’s another starter, lost playing time last year he could’ve complained and transferred he’s hungry from not getting time on court in last years tourney, ultimate team guy stayed on and his improved his game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom