Diarra not playing/Redshirt? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diarra not playing/Redshirt?

Reaction Score
If healthy, I would give him the scholarship. Having a big body to give a couple of fouls/minutes is never a bad thing. It's like signing a 5th year grad
I see him around campus a decent amount, idk what he's listed at, I believe 6'8 but I would say he's tops 6'6. Not exactly "big", although he does look stronger than most of our other forwards

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I see him around campus a decent amount, idk what he's listed at, I believe 6'8 but I would say he's tops 6'6. Not exactly "big", although he does look stronger than most of our other forwards

Doesn't have to be tall. Just has to be strong, and have a good motor. A lot of good college bigs aren't even that tall.

Reaction Score
I’m just not sure Diarra is without value. He looks fine in brief stints on the court. I’d like to see him play 10-15 minutes and have his moment in the sun as we improve. We are never playing 12 guys under Hurley so it isn’t like we can’t work around him. He has the ability to grab the ball and put it in the basket, something we sorely need.

He’s played about 6 minutes this year. I dont think it’s a question of ability; he’s clearly not healthy, and sadly for him (and us), I don’t know if he’ll ever be healthy. I hope I’m wrong. I feel bad for the guy. I’m sure if he was healthy enough to play on a regular basis he’d get a look.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If he did redshirt next year, he'd be nearly 25 at the end of his UConn career

Reaction Score
A kid who in Hs was a legit top 150 kid, just had an unfortunate string of events w/ the knees. Regardless, he comes from a good program & a good D1 athlete family. Prob not someone I’d want to just throw away like trash

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
That’s not going to happen. Why would we do that?

That's why I was pointing out the age. Earlier in the thread someone suggested a redshirt for him next season.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Who said anything about UConn career

See previous post. Although now I can't find where it was suggested, so maybe I saw it in another thread. Someone brought up the redshirt thing, but they've since either deleted it or it was in a different thread.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Here it is:

Could prob get a 6th year of eligibility if applied for. That would imply that he’s playing high D1 ball for the next 3 years....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom