Diarra not playing/Redshirt? | The Boneyard

Diarra not playing/Redshirt?

Reaction Score
I think this was mentioned a couple of weeks back, but is Diarra still not playing due to the knee injury not fully healing? In light of how few games that he has played, is he eligible for a medical redshirt?

Reaction Score
I’m sure he will redshirt next season

Reaction Score
Could prob get a 6th year of eligibility if applied for. That would imply that he’s playing high D1 ball for the next 3 years....

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but don't want him burning another scholarship. Shame the guy can't stay healthy, but Hurley's not burning any more scholarships on him.

Reaction Score
He was a top-100 recruit and I don’t believe there was any indication he was hurt before he committed. There was certainly no sign he would be THIS hurt. I don’t know if he’ll be able to play at a high level again, but I don’t think it’s fair to criticize an injured kid or our decision to bring him in.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He was a top-100 recruit and I don’t believe there was any indication he was hurt before he committed. There was certainly no sign he would be THIS hurt. I don’t know if he’ll be able to play at a high level again, but I don’t think it’s fair to criticize an injured kid or our decision to bring him in.

How dare you not engage in revisionist history...!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I don’t even know what position he would play in Hurley’s mostly 4 out offense.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure a hobbled Diarra is probably no worse than what we are seeing from some of our other front court players.

C

Chief00

He has a structural injury that’s unlikely to improve. Glen Miller sold KO that he was the key to getting Diallo. That and the class schedule was GM’s lethal recruiting combination.

Reaction Score
If healthy, I would give him the scholarship. Having a big body to give a couple of fouls/minutes is never a bad thing. It's like signing a 5th year grad

Reaction Score
I like his game. I’d rather have him on the bench than a freshman. We need help up front. I really want to see him play and contribute. If that’s not possible, then whatever.

Reaction Score
He has a structural injury that’s unlikely to improve. Glen Miller sold KO that he was the key to getting Diallo. That and the class schedule was GM’s lethal recruiting combination.
Do you hate Glenn Miller the coach or the academic advisor?

Reaction Score
Diarra is toast as he has a degenerative cartilage knee issue. It won't get better only worst. Hopefully we can part ways and open up another scholarship for a Big, SF or PG.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm glad that you are finally coming around. UConn really does not need more walking wounded on its basketball team.

Who do I trust more on the topic of roster construction, Dan Hurley or the angry message board poster who falsely predicted 3 career-ending injuries for Alterique Gilbert?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Given what we knew at the time, I'd recruit him again. He had a lot of the characteristics you look for in a top 100 recruit. I don't think anyone was aware of a chronic debilitating knee injury at the time. If so, we would have heard about it.

Reaction Score
I’m just not sure Diarra is without value. He looks fine in brief stints on the court. I’d like to see him play 10-15 minutes and have his moment in the sun as we improve. We are never playing 12 guys under Hurley so it isn’t like we can’t work around him. He has the ability to grab the ball and put it in the basket, something we sorely need.

Reaction Score
I hope I'm wrong, but it still ain't over yet. You never know with a preexisting injury when it will recur.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hope I'm wrong, but it still ain't over yet. You never know with a preexisting injury when it will recur.

No one should be counting on him at this point. If he stays and plays, then it's a bonus for everybody.

Not so with Gilbert.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom