Diana Taurasi, on life after basketball

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
1588045321996.jpeg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not sure after 4 hours of wino and just going through some exercises of one upsmanship with Sue (and Moriah), that she should be held to what she is saying. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This particular aspect of the foursome's night is dealt with at greater length here:

“There comes a point where you have to take initiative in the wealth and everything you’ve built, and it’s not to be a coach, it’s not to be under anyone, and I think that’s what we do as women: We always want to be under someone,” Taurasi said. “Even the NBA, which I love, the NBA to me is not the pinnacle of all, which even to all the coaches that we’ve praised and have done amazing things, we’re always a stepping stone. I don’t want to be a stepping stone.”

“Where are the rich women?” Taurasi said. “I’m so disappointed in the women that have a lot of money. ... Where are the women with a lot of money who want to invest in women’s basketball? ... Sometimes you invest in things that don’t make money that you want to make better.”

Reaction Score
This particular aspect of the foursome's night is dealt with at greater length here:

“There comes a point where you have to take initiative in the wealth and everything you’ve built, and it’s not to be a coach, it’s not to be under anyone, and I think that’s what we do as women: We always want to be under someone,” Taurasi said. “Even the NBA, which I love, the NBA to me is not the pinnacle of all, which even to all the coaches that we’ve praised and have done amazing things, we’re always a stepping stone. I don’t want to be a stepping stone.”

“Where are the rich women?” Taurasi said. “I’m so disappointed in the women that have a lot of money. ... Where are the women with a lot of money who want to invest in women’s basketball? ... Sometimes you invest in things that don’t make money that you want to make better.”

You first Diana.

Wealthy women apparently don't want to invest their money in the WNBA for the same reason wealthy men don't: because there's no money to be made doing it at least not yet. I don't know how many women owners there are in the WNBA but I'm very sure they didn't do it for charitable or social purposes, they did it because they think they can make money doing it. The jury is still out on that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Diana is entertaining as always. I'd hoped she'd become a commentator, but it would be interesting to see what she'd do as an owner. She has an innovative mind coupled with her innate competitiveness. I wouldn't bet against her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom