Diana Taurasi: "I feel great." | The Boneyard

Diana Taurasi: "I feel great."

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
"I feel great."
— Diana Taurasi, on her recovery and what she expects from the new look Mercury

“It’s a pretty patient and slow process because I would like to do more, I would like to push a little harder,” Taurasi said Monday. “Right now, it’s in the healing, recovery stage so I’m taking it slowly but I feel great.”

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
In case anyone's interested, here's a recent short podcast interview with Alanna Smith, formerly of Stanford and now of the Merc, in which she talks at length about how much she's appreciated DT's advice and mentoring even from the bench while DT recovers from injury. Very interesting to see how DT's Always Be Hustling mentality manifests when she can't physically be hustling on the court - in the form of advising and teaching her teammates to be better. Sounds like a great place to be a rookie.

Reaction Score
Ummmmmmmmmmm.......Back injuries, never the same again no matter how many surgeries, no matter how much physical therapy, no matter how much rest. Time to think about something else. Got kid to think of. Sports announcer? Sports Analyst? Mercury Coach? UConn Coach? Author? Her name alone would sell tickets.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ummmmmmmmmmm..Back injuries, never the same again no matter how many surgeries, no matter how much physical therapy, no matter how much rest. Time to think about something else. Got kid to think of. Sports announcer? Sports Analyst? Mercury Coach? UConn Coach? Author? Her name alone would sell tickets.

Ah, go check on the cattle! Heresy. Never heard the like. ;)

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Ummmmmmmmmmm..Back injuries, never the same again no matter how many surgeries, no matter how much physical therapy, no matter how much rest. Time to think about something else. Got kid to think of. Sports announcer? Sports Analyst? Mercury Coach? UConn Coach? Author? Her name alone would sell tickets.

I'd never say never.

Touch football in college, sharp twist to avoid a tag = 3 days in bed dosed with Seconal for the pain.
Over twenty-five years of occasional flareups of the pain.
Started doing Rodney Yee's AM routine from AM/PM Yoga DVD daily. It's a gentle routine that focuses on working the spine and back muscles a lot.
No back problem at all for the last 25 years. Still doing the yoga.

Anecdotal, I know. But I hear Dee saying she's gonna work the program. If she does, those muscles can hold the back together. The orhthopod who replaced my ACL told me half of the players on the Phoenix indoor pro soccer team had at least one ACL tear. But their hams & quads were so hard they could still play. And they did so, so that they didn't have to miss a season with an operation. (He was the team ortho). I'll bet Dee can out-work the lot of them, and that she will. ;^)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is Diana Taurasi we’re talking about. Nothing can stop her, but her!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom